M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
if you get them from there site direct xoprodox.com and use promo code m109 you will get free shipping

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Those are sweet looking! Mine are kinda similar, except instead of holes I have a twist look. Yeah, they look cool, but (a) they are a bit slippery till you get used to them, and (b) they get cooold on chilly rides. But as you can see I think its worth the trade-off. Ride safe! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Similar, but not the spike model. I drilled and tapped Kury Stiletto end caps and mounted them on Xoprodox Gunner XL grips. These have the same hole pattern as the ones you are looking at. They are surprisingly comfortable even with thin gloves on, more so than I expected. Not sure how the smooth models are, but these are not slippery at all.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
I got high sided once on a freeway on ramp. Over cooking it and found some dirt where it should not ought to have been. Bike slid out from under me and then hit a curb high siding the bike.Thing is when I went off the bike the bars kicked to the right and my inner right thigh took the hit of the end of throttle grip when it spit me over the bars. All I can think of when I see those is how many octaves higher I would be singing now if I had been running something with a sharp point on them. Rubber for me. But yeah they look really cool. Best so far.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Those are sweet looking! Mine are kinda similar, except instead of holes I have a twist look. Yeah, they look cool, but (a) they are a bit slippery till you get used to them, and (b) they get cooold on chilly rides. But as you can see I think its worth the trade-off. Ride safe! :bigthumbsup:

Same grips I have Love Em

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
After recent accident and my gloves saving my skin i dont plan to ride without them again so i'm pulling the trigger. New grips, mirrors, pegs, pipes, risers, tach mount and steel cables being installed over next 2 weeks. will post pics of before and after once completed. May have to wait til next month on the cobra Tri-pro 2-1 exhaust if I go that route instead of the velocity pro 2-1. thanks for the input to all.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
their are some members here that run those and really like the grips.I called xoprodeox for some info to help me decide.they are great people to deal with.I talked to them about the m109 site and he said they would give use free shipping.You put M109 in the coupon section.This is what I bought.

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
I have those exact same grips on my 9, along with the matching brake & clutch levers, kickstand, and rider & passenger footpegs. I purchased the grips and footpegs direct from XOPRODOX, and they shipped them free of charge, when I told them I was a member of this M109riders.com forum. I love the way they look and feel. They are definitely eye catching to say the least. My wife doesn't even ride or like motorcycles, but she was very impressed after I installed them on my 9.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I have those exact same grips on my 9, along with the matching brake & clutch levers, kickstand, and rider & passenger footpegs. I purchased the grips and footpegs direct from XOPRODOX, and they shipped them free of charge, when I told them I was a member of this M109riders.com forum. I love the way they look and feel. They are definitely eye catching to say the least. My wife doesn't even ride or like motorcycles, but she was very impressed after I installed them on my 9.
You have the rider footpegs? Do your feet tend to fall off at all? The only thing that concerns me is that a round rider peg wouldnt be that good?

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
If you don't want the pointed caps you could go with the Battistinis Arlen Ness setup, I love mine.

·
Radio Active Member
22,690 Posts
I have a set of the holey grips and the only thing I don't like about them is the way they look on the throttle side. After 3 years of rotating the throttle the bars get scarred up a little, and you can see that through the holes in the grips. The clutch side looks great, but I wasn't happy with the throttle side. It was mostly just me as no one else would probably notice it, but I noticed it every time I walked up to the bike. I had the same set JD linked above.

They are comfortable grips though. I switched to a torpedo style metal grip as I like the rounded profile. They feel better in my hands than flat grips do.

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
You have the rider footpegs? Do your feet tend to fall off at all? The only thing that concerns me is that a round rider peg wouldnt be that good?
Irish4life, I must say that I haven't had any problems with keeping my feet on the pegs. I was concerned about that initially because the whole peg is chrome with no rubber in place to keep the feet steady on the pegs. I have a couple of pair of riding boots that have rubber like soles on them, and they work perfect to keep my feet in place. The look of the bike with the matching pegs in totally awesome, and I love it. I would post some pics, but my wife used my camera recently, and I can't find it now.

·
Radio Active Member
27,655 Posts
I have a set of the holey grips and the only thing I don't like about them is the way they look on the throttle side. After 3 years of rotating the throttle the bars get scarred up a little, and you can see that through the holes in the grips. The clutch side looks great, but I wasn't happy with the throttle side. It was mostly just me as no one else would probably notice it, but I noticed it every time I walked up to the bike. I had the same set JD linked above.

They are comfortable grips though. I switched to a torpedo style metal grip as I like the rounded profile. They feel better in my hands than flat grips do.

They look GREAT Mike. :bigthumbsup:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts