M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I missing something here? Why do these posts on the kickstand issue keep disappearing? Why are we being censored like this? It seems to me that so many were having a good time reading and joking around. It isn't any different than the gold tipped injector thread.

Ric

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just think it's crazy to come on and just wipe out a whole thread that is obviously very popular.

Ric

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
I explained it in the last kickstand thread but it looks like Perry deleted that one himself.
I like to have fun just as much as the next guy but when a post gets to be just a chat room type post with 17+ pages it's slows down the boards when the search function is used. You can have fun with post like that but it had gotten so far off topic that is was just a "post whore" thread and those are a problem for the server. It comes down to what is more important, being able to search for topics about your 109 or running up a page about nothing for 20+ pages. ::)

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well to keep this thread on topic, I did a search for the Lever Locks that Robert was talking about. I found a couple of different ones out there that would take care of the problem.

I found these on the following link:

http://www.lockitt.com/LeverLocks.htm

Hope this helps they look pretty cool. :bigthumbsup:

Ric

·
Registered
642 Posts
clone1008 said:
Well to keep this thread on topic, I did a search for the Lever Locks that Robert was talking about. I found a couple of different ones out there that would take care of the problem.

Hope this helps they look pretty cool. :bigthumbsup:
Those look like nice locks but I don't think they are putting any pressure on the brake lever themselves which you would need alittle squeeze on the lever to engage it. Still a cool idea versus a disk lock which can be forgotten about until you try to ride away with one. No it wasn't me that did it, it was a buddy!! :p

·
Registered
696 Posts
the way these threads are disappearing... i am worried that someone from a far will delete my kickstand too... I'm going to put some aluminium foil on my handlebars and wrap it around my levers....so that i can avoid the alien influence... and "protect" my bike ....mjm

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
booda said:
Those look like nice locks but I don't think they are putting any pressure on the brake lever themselves which you would need alittle squeeze on the lever to engage it. Still a cool idea versus a disk lock which can be forgotten about until you try to ride away with one. No it wasn't me that did it, it was a buddy!! :p
According to Grip Lock's FAQ's on their website, it can be used to apply pressure to the brake.

http://www.grip-lock.com/faq/faq.html

FREQUENTLY ASKED / ANSWERED QUESTIONS

Is this a brake lever lock or a twist grip lock?
This is a twist grip lock that stops someone riding your bike. There is the option of having the brake lever on by the slide adjustment the choice is yours.

If I choose to put the break lever on do I need the brakes on hard?
No! You only need a little pressure for your brakes to be on.

With the lock on, will the constant pressure damage my brake hose?
No. There is no movement of your brake components once fitted. Grip Lock is not doing anything different than what your brakes are designed to do!!

Its only plastic can I smash with a hammer?
No, it has been run over by a vehicle, this glass-reinforced nylon is tough!

What size throttles does it fit?
With or without the three rubber inserts in a combination it will fit 27-38mm diameter twist grips.

Can someone cut the brake cable and just ride off?
No. Grip Lock is designed to immobilise your twist grip, no twist grip no acceleration, not your brakes, you still can¹t use the twist grip even if the brake cable has been cut.

·
Registered
642 Posts
clone1008 said:
According to Grip Lock's FAQ's on their website, it can be used to apply pressure to the brake.
Cool I stand corrected that is a good idea then for a bunch of reasons!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Y'all are making this a whole lot more complicated than it is. Just park the nose of the bike uphill, put it in first gear and rock the bike with the clutch lever out, forward. Also, don't start it and leave it if it is on flat ground or facing slightly downward and you will not experience the failure. Not rocket science. The kickstand posts are great, I feel, because it warns us of the definite potential of collapse. It happened to me. A little bit of common sense will make a big difference. ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts