M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys.i read about a kickstand problem.can any one tell me what it is??
purple side up
action

·
Registered
237 Posts
Yeah it's a real bummer but something you must pay close attention to. :eek: My fix has been to always park the bike facing uphill place the transmission in first gear then put the kickstand down. This will immediately kill the engine. :D Then release the clutch lever and push the bike forward untill all gear play has been eliminated, then set 'er on the stand. Mine fell over, second day. Need less to say I was pissed. :redfaced: :evil: :verymad: :mad: Got lucky though only cost me $189.00 to fix. This bike needs a kickstand lock of some sort. It's a BIG A$$ BIKE! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
441 Posts
park it in 1st gear turn your handlebars to the left and when you get off i would give it a nice tug to make sure the kick stand is not going to move

·
Registered
546 Posts
this bike is not half as bad as my c50 was.First week i had the c50 it rolled off the stand and it cost $1,600 to fix .This bike the stand does kick out alittle further but the lesson was allready learned,
ALLWAYS LEAVE THE BIKE IN GEAR!!!

Mike

·
Registered
768 Posts
Yup, mine fell over the other day when it was warming up. Broke the tip off the clutch lever and slightly damaged the rear fender support, THATS IT! Oh wait, it put a very small scratch on the back of my rearview mirror. Pretty amazing since it fell over on concrete.

The surface was not level that it was on, I believe thats why it fell. A locking kickstand would be nice though.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
azvforce said:
Yup, mine fell over the other day when it was warming up. Broke the tip off the clutch lever and slightly damaged the rear fender support, THATS IT! Oh wait, it put a very small scratch on the back of my rearview mirror. Pretty amazing since it fell over on concrete.

The surface was not level that it was on, I believe thats why it fell. A locking kickstand would be nice though.
Sounds identical to my story. Second day I had my bike I let it idle in neutral only to find the ground wasn't as level as I thought it was... It rolled off when I was about 10 feet away. All I could do was watch it and get sick to my stomach. Broken clutch handle was fixed for free by the dealer. Scratched Boulevard tank emblem is now gone (though it prevented any tank damage), Bent my shift lever (I actually like the new position better), cracked front turn signal (will be replaced with Kury soon). Only thing that will continue to be noticeable when I'm done is the fender support which has some small scratches from the concrete.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Please file a compliant withNHTSA 1-888-327-4236 this number is in the back of the book.Mine fell over day 1 $1750 in damages.Suzuki told me tuff s#!t.When they get enough comlaints action.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts