M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I was reading your reviews of the V-Rod vs 109 along with some bashing from the V-Rod guys on the forum. So I logged on the the Rod forum to see what was happening. Well, yah, bashing going on, what eles is new?

The Rod guys were gloating over the fact they had won the AMA Prostar title against the Roadstar Warrior, who have been the guys to beat for a few years. The catch here is, like in nearly all current racing world, the old egg beater engines which HD builds could not win the races, so rules were changes to give them a chance. Basically what happened is they have allowed the overhead cam V-Rods run against the pushrod Warrior.

I proceeded to comment about all the rule changes made in AMA and NHRA to give the Under Dog, should I say Harley Davidson a chance to win.

If you didn't know. in NHRA Prostock, Suzuki 4's have dominated for years until HD was given massive cubic inch advantages, over double in some causes.

My point is, if you are going to allow the loser to win, in any situation, pretty soon, all you have left are losers!

I was kicked off within 15 minutes of my post. This seems common with most HD situations. If yah don't tell them want they want to here, they won't listen.

Barry

·
Registered
898 Posts
I always wish I could hear the view from the person changing these rules... To see what there reasoning was... Maybe a little diversion of funds from a particualr corporation to the person in charge?
I am sure it would be something in the line of " We are messaging the rules to allow more competition from a wider range of markets" or something to that effect ::)

khrome

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Why go there and register unless you are thinking of buying, or already own one? You can read it without registering...
I think loving and protecting the imag of what you buy is fine. Some are more hardcore about it than others.

Personally the only time I read over there is when I click a link from here. Most of it is alot of fun to read. They seem to exagerate a little more there but I dont think its too much worse than here. Who knows, maybe they are more loyal to their brand than we are to ours and thats all.
Most here say they bought whats was best... for the $$$, fit like a glove... etc.
Maybe over there more of them bought just because it was a Harley? That would warrant them being even more protective than we are.
How many people here actually bought because it was a Suzuki?

Sledzep

1 - 5 of 5 Posts