M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why are shorter than stock kickstands on average $20-$30 more than the same aftermarket kickstand on DLP? http://www.directlineparts.com/byProduct.asp?prd=Kickstand&str=290 Trying to figure out why it costs more to make something with less material. Would also like some feedback from members with shorter than stock kickstands on which they prefer and why. I recently lowered and I'm not super comfortable with my stock kickstand. I kinda like the looks of
Bicycle part Rim Tool Automotive exterior Metal
But why is it $180 when the same thing stock length is $160:dontknow:
and
Tool Composite material Bicycle part Auto part Household hardware
also $180 when stock length is $150:dontknow:
I guess less is more is taken a little too literally at DLP???

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
What are the benefits of a short kickstand?
As stated for lowering the bike. I have an arnott air ride & even with the shorty, if I don't have the handlebars to the left, when I drop it all the way the bike stands straight up. If I had the normal kickstand, the bike would be very unstable.

Sent from my super cool iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
As stated for lowering the bike. I have an arnott air ride & even with the shorty, if I don't have the handlebars to the left, when I drop it all the way the bike stands straight up. If I had the normal kickstand, the bike would be very unstable.

Sent from my super cool iPhone using Tapatalk
Yup, same here.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,436 Posts
Someone had some pictures on here of both a short and long kickstand placed on top of each other and they were the same length. The angle it sticks out at was the difference in the "short" kickstand. I'm not sure if they are all done that way or if some are actually shorter.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Some members got M50 kickstands
same look but shorter .
( think it was Alien 109 )
I personally modded my stock kickstand
a little grinder here and there and it opens wider
no cutting and welding for me , I don't have those tools :redfaced:

·
Registered
974 Posts
I lowered my 9 by 2" and the stock stand was too tall. I ended up buying a used kickstand from a M90 on eBay (sorry can't remember how much, but it was cheap) and got it chromed. Works like a charm. The only problem was that the part on the smaller kickstand that pushes the safety kill switch does match up to the larger stand, so I removed the kill switch.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.