M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone help me find the ignition key mod (Hiding inside a cover/cap to disguise the key) as I read about it a week or two ago but I cannot find it even after searching under key, ignition, toilet (there was a toilet plumbing fixture used).

Thanks to anyone who can help me find the thread.

·
Registered
583 Posts
barnawi is what I did. Worked great...

The chrome cap I found at Lowe's for towels used to cover the bolts that mount it to the ground. They fit perfect.

·
Radio Active Member
27,696 Posts

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Ive had this for over two years and it still looks pretty good. Be careful carying it in your pocket with coins and things that could scratch it up.

Its nice to sometimes just leave it in the ignition. You have to know the bike to find the key.

I love the "toilet mod". Who started calling it that?:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
93 Posts
I used a 5/8" chrome bolt cover for an 18 wheeler. Got it from a truck chrome shop. It works great and look killer.

·
Registered
53 Posts
those look great only problem is i dont have a key like that i have that big old ugly look key that says boulevard on it i hate this big old bulky looking key:D:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
209 Posts
I went to the dealer and had the plain metal key made from the factory key. I had replaced my factory grips also and used the chrome end cap to do the key mod as others. I used JB Weld to hold the key in place and it came out great. A word of WARNING though!... When I left my house for a ride, I was pretty low on gas and didn't realize it right away so when I stopped, I had a really hard time getting the new key mod to fit into the gas cap and thought I was going to have to break it off! Fortunately, it all worked and did not damage the cap or new key. Now I never leave home without a separate key for the gas cap and another potential issue... the fork lock! Tom

·
Registered
93 Posts
those look great only problem is i dont have a key like that i have that big old ugly look key that says boulevard on it i hate this big old bulky looking key:D:D:D:D:D
I cut that plastic stuff off of the spare key and left the boulevard one as is. A pair of side cutters or wire cutters works great.

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
Just did the Mod yesterday, took 3 minutes and looks great don't know why I took so dam long! Looks the balls:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
93 Posts
And you dont have to epoxy it in. If the chrome wears off get a new one for .69cents

·
Registered
448 Posts
:agree:
i did the mod also, but i let the key stick out a bit further and also trimmed the cap down so it would work on the gas cap and front

1 - 20 of 21 Posts