M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here we Go :eek:
1)Start off by putting the bike on a lift and pulling of the front cowl.

2) Pull The Calipers, Front Wheel & Front Fender

3)Through a blanket over the tank and strap up the bars.

4)Now loosen the triple tree pinch bolts on one side at a time and pull the fork out. Slide the O-ring over the fork and install fat fork tube.
replace the fork tube in the trees and push up into the trees until the top of the fork is flush with the top of the upper triple tree.

5)Repeat for the other side.

6)Now pull the upper triple tree off and slide O-rings and tubes on.

7)replace upper triple tree and tighten top nut and pinch bolts.

8)Replace Fender, Tire, Calipers, and Cowl make sure to tighten every thing up.

9)Now Go Ride It Like You Stole It!!!!!!!!!! :bigthumbsup:

Tomorrow Night we will install the time & Temp Fork Caps or Plain Fork Caps
:bigthumbsup:

Big Joe.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Wow!!

Sweet install man. Looks real nice. Thanks for the post!! :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

G

·
Steps #6 & #7, do I take off the center nut on the top triple tree?  What do I have to do to keep the rest of the triple from coming out of the stem?  Anything?  Or will it not slide out of the stem?   Thanks. The vtx 1800 write up has you doing it after you put the front tire back on.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
toneout said:
Steps #6 & #7, do I take off the center nut on the top triple tree? What do I have to do to keep the rest of the triple from coming out of the stem? Anything? Or will it not slide out of the stem?  Thanks. The vtx 1800 write up has you doing it after you put the front tire back on.
Yes, you will take the upper triple tree stem nut & washer off.
The upper triple tree will come off but the lower triple tree will stay in place as it is held in place by other nuts.
The VTX1800 install also includes putting on new chrome trees, thats why they read differently than the M-109 install.
I will have M-109 trees shortly :bigthumbsup:
Big Joe.

G

·
Big Joe said:
Yes, you will take the upper triple tree stem nut & washer off.
The upper triple tree will come off but the lower triple tree will stay in place as it is held in place by other nuts.
The VTX1800 install also includes putting on new chrome trees, thats why they read differently than the M-109 install.
I will have M-109 trees shortly :bigthumbsup:
Big Joe.
Thanks dude.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts