M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All the testing is done and I just added this kit to the store. :bigthumbsup:
http://directlineparts.com/product.asp?pid=6228&str=290&ID=722872336

There were a couple of issues that needed to be worked out and tested and I can say with great confidence that everything is good to go now. :doorag:

I really got to play with this kit a bunch on this last trip and it really makes for a much smoother ride and I was able to adjust for road condition's on the fly. On one trip I got into one of those real bouncy roads and was able to just add a little more air and take all of the bounce out of the road. This is going to be a great setup for those who ride two up too, you can set it for solo or for riding with a passenger without having to make adjustments like a stock shock. The best part is pulling up to park the bike and then slamming it all the way down :evil: people love that. :doorag: :super:

·
Registered
592 Posts
Just got my air ride installed will post some pic's tomorrow :D
The Slammed look just makes the bike POP !!!:bigthumbsup:
I also put the 260 Metz on today and it is a tade wider now :doorag:
As for the race track and wheel HOPP, just slammm the bike and hold the back pressure for 30 seconds, I will post a picture of those results and the performance tomorrow also :bigthumbsup: as I needed to get that new tire glazzed worked OFF ::) :D
Big Joe.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Lamonster said:
All the testing is done and I just added this kit to the store. :bigthumbsup:
http://directlineparts.com/product.asp?pid=6228&str=290&ID=722872336

There were a couple of issues that needed to be worked out and tested and I can say with great confidence that everything is good to go now. :doorag:

I really got to play with this kit a bunch on this last trip and it really makes for a much smoother ride and I was able to adjust for road condition's on the fly. On one trip I got into one of those real bouncy roads and was able to just add a little more air and take all of the bounce out of the road. This is going to be a great setup for those who ride two up too, you can set it for solo or for riding with a passenger without having to make adjustments like a stock shock. The best part is pulling up to park the bike and then slamming it all the way down :evil: people love that. :doorag: :super:

how about a video of the air ride that would be sweeeeeet!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Sweet man....looks like a very cool mod. Just not something I can afford any time soon.

Thanks for the post!! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
844 Posts
Lamonster,

Care to estimate the "hassle-factor"/time committment for the install?

Looks pretty cool. I'm most enticed by the on-the-fly ride adjustment for two-up riding, and getting the ass end up HIGHER to avoid peg dragging.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Lamont,
I'm curious how hard was it to hide all the pumps/compressors, etc.? Obviously there aren't places to put them designed into the bike so where did you hide them? Thanks! :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Lamont,

Sweetness :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: Now i just need a grand from someone willing to let me test there airride system for a couple 1000 miles... maybe 150,000 i think that would do... LOL

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
tomph1 said:
Lamonster,
Care to estimate the "hassle-factor"/time committment for the install?
Looks pretty cool. I'm most enticed by the on-the-fly ride adjustment for two-up riding, and getting the ass end up HIGHER to avoid peg dragging.
Install was pretty easy, there is a nice place for the valve and the pump. Much easyer than on my VTX. :bigthumbsup: :doorag: :super:

·
Registered
287 Posts
I like it Lamonster, but I have a quick question for you. Whats the difference between...... say a lowrider cars hydraulics system and yours. I noticed that the lowrider cars can raise much faster?

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ruben said:
I like it Lamonster, but I have a quick question for you. Whats the difference between...... say a lowrider cars hydraulics system and yours. I noticed that the lowrider cars can raise much faster?
Small air pump stock battery, vs large hydraulic pump and lots of batteries. ;)

·
Registered
287 Posts
J R said:
So you ca go down the road and do like those kid do and drop it and raise it while your riding :D :eek: Now what about the bouncing how much air can ya get :joke: Ive seen those cars jump up pretty good man you could be the first bike to win a bouncing comp deal :joke: :joke: :joke: Looks cool :bigthumbsup:
Dont knock it till you've tried. Thats what I say. LOL

That might be a lot of fun on a bike. :D

·
Registered
592 Posts
BlackCherry said:
Lamont,
I'm curious how hard was it to hide all the pumps/compressors, etc.? Obviously there aren't places to put them designed into the bike so where did you hide them? Thanks! :bigthumbsup: :doorag:
The install takes about 2 hrs and is real clean :bigthumbsup:
Big Joe.

·
Registered
543 Posts
That look real sweet.Do you like the long shot pipes better as far a loud sound goes ,then the drag pipes,I must have missed the post.TIA

1 - 20 of 21 Posts