M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!
I could use a little guidance on the next phase of upgrades. I am about to install the Kewl Metal 2" chrome risers, the Kewl Metal tach relo (onto the head of the risers) and the Barnett plus 3" SS throttle & clutch cables.
Mechanically speaking, I think I would be ok with unbolting the risers and installing the new ones with the new tach mount (but would welcome any input).
I'm more worried about dealing with the clutch and throttle cables. I have never worked on these mechanisms before. I still have the plastic side panels and air boxes off the bike and I can see where the throttle cables go to on the left side of the bike, just not sure how to remove and install the cables from each end. I have the same concern for the clutch cable. Also will there be any calibrating to do.
I would prefer to do it myself instead of bringing it to the dealer but need the confidence push from those that know... the higher authorities!!! LOL
Any help, suggestions, pointers would be great!!!

·
Registered
890 Posts
There is A very detailed how to on this site on the riser install by big joe and the same for clutch cable reroute it took a lot longer to do the risers the cables are easy and straight forward about every thing you do to these bikes is detailed on this site .I did not remove the air boxes for the cables it's kinda tight take your time and study the how to vid's. good luck

·
Registered
70 Posts
an extra set of hands is very helpful. and watch the handlebars don't hit your tank. watch the how to not hard at all to do.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey!
The risers and tach are on and ready to go. I disconnected the clutch and throttle cables from their levers on the handle bar for now so I could finish the riser/tach install. Next job is to finish the cable installs. Hopefully I get the chance to wrap it up this weekend so I can start putting the bike back together.
Getting close to completion for this seasons upgrades!

Thanks for all the EXCELLENT info guys!

I couldnt do it without the directions and support!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts