M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
couple guys headed down from dfw to ride the sisters. Trying to leave here Fri morning, then ride the twisties on sat, come home sun. If your reading this, you're invited!:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
339 Posts
hey Mike is this going to be our big Kerrville meet or is this just a lil test run?

·
Registered
397 Posts
I'll drive up and meet yall on the R6. maybe I can get dad to come up. (hogthong). and ride the first half of the day. just let me know where to meet. dount shop, crakerbarrel doesnt matter

·
Registered
41 Posts
Dang, will just be getting back from Sturgis that day...
Sounds fun though, you guys (and gals) have fun and be safe!

B

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'll drive up and meet yall on the R6. maybe I can get dad to come up. (hogthong). and ride the first half of the day. just let me know where to meet. dount shop, crakerbarrel doesnt matter
Will do Cliff. Once we get a little closer, I'll let everone know where we'll be.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
I'll give it a shot and see if I can get the ex to swap weekends with our son.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I might try to join Boog and hogthong and meet ya'll up there for a day ride.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
908 Posts
Three Sisters in Aug?? That's going to be hota$$...We must be nuts. I might be willin' to come up on Fri, stay in HI Express, do a gud dinner, air conditioned bar, get up at O'dark thirty and hit the road around 6:30, and peel off around noon on Saturday to head back to SA. (Saturday is my 65th birthday). Need to get back to SA for more partying:doorag:

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Three Sisters in Aug?? That's going to be hota$$...We must be nuts. I might be willin' to come up on Fri, stay in HI Express, do a gud dinner, air conditioned bar, get up at O'dark thirty and hit the road around 6:30, and peel off around noon on Saturday to head back to SA. (Saturday is my 65th birthday). Need to get back to SA for more partying:doorag:
Early sounds good. Happy 65th. Don't you have air on the wing?:joke:

·
Registered
427 Posts
I'm melting, melting

I rode the Sisters this afternoon- only chance this week(vacation). Bloody hot, and one of the cattle guards on 336, the one on the middle of a right hander, be careful. Also, one patch of loose gravel on 336, on a curve, of course.Saw a total of 4 bikes, 3 Harleys stopped on the side of 335, panting for breath, and one local(Vanderpool) sport bike. I guess that says something about how sensible/smart I am. First time on 336- it's the most technical of the three to me. Rode out from Kerrville- 16, to Medina- 337. Good roads all the way, except just west of Medina where they're stopping traffic, one lane at a time, for construction. It's a good thing that Goldwings have A/C, right? Hope to make it next week, but not real sure that will happen.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Getting close. Who's still thinking about going? My mom lives in Kerrville, so I might get up there Friday night.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts