M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I finally decide to garage my bike for the season I would like to take the opportunity to do some work which would require removal of the tank. I would imagine it would be off the bike for quite some time. Should I run some Sta-bil treated gas through the system prior to removing the tank? Any concerns about keeping the tank off the bike for 1-2 months?

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
I don't see the issue. If you're worried about the gas in the tank, empty it.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
I had my tank off for about 3 months last winter.

I did run stabil in my last tank.

When it all went back together, no issues.

·
Registered
271 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Thats an interesting question.

What about the gas in the fuel rail, should that have some sort of gas satbilizer in the gas?
:dontknow:

·
Registered
271 Posts
Thats an interesting question.

What about the gas in the fuel rail, should that have some sort of gas satbilizer in the gas?
:dontknow:
Just run the motor with the mix for a few to get it in the fuel line too....that should do it....:redfaced:

·
Registered
7,004 Posts
I have had my tank off more time than I have changed the oil in my 9, oil puke issues. I have had mine off for up to a month or so. I also had mine in storage for a year while I was deployed. I ran Stabil through it as per the directions on the bottle. When the tank was off I would cover/wrap the fuel line end and the tank fuel line in a zip lock bag and throw a rubber band around it.

After a year in storage it cranked right up and havent had any issues. Hope this helps.

Just a reminder, might want to keep the battery on a battery tender.

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
Being in the snow belt and mother nature.... If you keep the tank in a temp controlled area it should be OK... if you leave it in the garage with the temp fluctuating I would throw some stabil in it......just for chits and giggles, wont hurt and will keep the moisture out ...

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts