M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went there for first service... $297.00 !!!!!!!!
Not sure what they did as they would not let me watch, should have went somewhere else, but could'nt wait.

Part of the charge was an $8.00 fluid fee... No this was not a charge for oil or anything, paid for that in another part of the invoice. This place on the paper said Oil/Gas/coolant. it was not the disposal fee as that was listed elsewhere. The guy say's "Oh, we always charge that... Said if I wanted my ride back, I would have to pay the full 297.00

In My OPINION.... You should not do business with them.

EDIT: !!!!

I have now noticed that my rear diff is leaking from the drain plug!!!!!
GGGRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!

Not only was my trip to BASTROP POWER SPORTS expensive, but it has now proven to be DANGEROUS!!!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Sounds to me like another dealership rip off. It might be best to buy a repair/service manual and tinker with it yourself. You would definatly have more peace of mind and you would learn quite a bit more about your ride.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree also, thought the same before I did this....
Just couldnt wait for a manual to show up. I will be ordering one very soon : )

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Anyone that wants to give away $300 bucks on their first service can call me direct.

P.S. I'll throw the oil and filter in for FREE. Plus I'll give you FREE beer while you wait.

Any takers?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Delmustator said:
Anyone that wants to give away $300 bucks on their first service can call me direct.

P.S. I'll throw the oil and filter in for FREE. Plus I'll give you FREE beer while you wait.

Any takers?
I was hoping you would do it just for BEER! :p

$300, what a rip... Just shows how people are... I don't mind paying good money / fair rates for good service....
Well, ya live and learn. I know to shop around a bit. K's Motors in Humble told me $189.00 total. But, from what I can tell they are just changing my oil, rear diff, and tighten a bunch of stuff... (Just not sure what the tighten stuff is all about).

·
Registered
936 Posts
change oil and rear diff. check mounts and bracket bolts. thats the first sevice. A J Foyt charge me a 150.00 bucks
300 bucks thats crazy, i guess you should ask first.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Delmustator said:

Any takers?
Are you a mobile service? I like Miller Lite by the way. LOL :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
666 Posts
moto said:
change oil and rear diff. check mounts and bracket bolts. thats the first sevice. A J Foyt charge me a 150.00 bucks
300 bucks thats crazy, i guess you should ask first.
AJ Foyt is were i got my bike as well they said they will my bike at 600miles for $149.99 plus the next oil change is on them :bigthumbsup: talk to TOD let him know your from the site he will give you the same deal

good luck

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Actually, they changed motor/tranny oil + filter (Suzuki), final drive oil, checked and adjusted all the cables (who's throttle got stuck??), checked stearing, torqued all the chassis bolts + some others, pulled the tank and checked the throttle sync.. I think thats it.
Oh wait... Then they bent me over!!

I coulda/woulda done most of this myself, however I was unsure of torque specs, and after hearing of someone stripping their pan threads (and coming close myself the first time I changed it, I think... Yes, I changed early..) I didn't wanna chance it a second time without proper specs. Figured I'd let them bust something, then let them fix it : )

·
Registered
593 Posts
I got a price of 2 hours labor plus the cost of the fluids & filter. Still under $200 bucks. The good thing is they do these on Sat. While you wait. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ELECTRICZ28 said:
I got a price of 2 hours labor plus the cost of the fluids & filter. Still under $200 bucks. The good thing is they do these on Sat. While you wait. :bigthumbsup:
Waited on Saturday.... 3 Hrs LOL

·
Registered
195 Posts
I got my first two services for free. That was part of my deal when I got my bike. I got my bike from Word Cycle & Marine on the Gulf Freeway in League City.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts