M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I did a search of the site (yes, amazing, someone actually does that before posting) but I couldn't find any good reviews of the KBC FFR helmet. There was one person mention that they have the FFR, but no mention of how they like it.

Reviews I have read on the internet seem to indicate that it is the best ventilated of all of the modular helmets. I did talk to a guy at a bike accessory shop here that says he owns one and loves it, and one of his customers went 3k miles with one and really liked it.

Anyway, I really like the look / shape / colors of this helmet. Now with the new Freeze model in matte black with grey flames, I think I'm going to buy one.

So, if any of you have tried them at all, let me know what you think.

I was going to get the HJC Symax, but there are just too many reviews of bad fogging problems and the chin bar is too close. I'm in cold country and really don't want any worse fogging than I already have.

Here's a photo of the Freeze:

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like the look of the schuberth helmet, and the sun visor built in, but the cost is a LOT more. There are also reports that the stuff on the outside of the helmet, especially some little compartment built into it, causes some high pitched whistling sound at speed.

The KBC Freeze is $240-280 at most places online. However, motoxoutlet.com has it for $199....MUCH cheaper than anything else I could find online. I did see some complaints somewhere that they don't respond to emails. However, the do answer their phones, and they are local here so I went into their shop. The guy I dealt with there was a really nice guy and I got a good deal on my mesh riding jacket.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-IN-CABERG-T...hZ015QQcategoryZ72278QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

This is another of the new multi-visor flip ups. I can't actually review it for you personally yet as mine hasn't arrived but if you go to http://www.m109riders.com/forum/index.php?topic=4775.0 there is a lot of discussion about helmets in general and its where I found the link to this one. Its only downside is that its not "officially" sold in the US yet and thus does not have DOT certification, it does have the equivalent EU certifications tho.. ECE something or other. You can't really see it well in this picture, but this helmet also has the internal visor as well as a standard face shield.

Hope this helps and whatever you decide to buy, just be sure and wear it every time you ride. :bigthumbsup: 8)

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
rideutah said:
So I did a search of the site (yes, amazing, someone actually does that before posting) but I couldn't find any good reviews of the KBC FFR helmet. There was one person mention that they have the FFR, but no mention of how they like it.

Reviews I have read on the internet seem to indicate that it is the best ventilated of all of the modular helmets. I did talk to a guy at a bike accessory shop here that says he owns one and loves it, and one of his customers went 3k miles with one and really liked it.

Anyway, I really like the look / shape / colors of this helmet. Now with the new Freeze model in matte black with grey flames, I think I'm going to buy one.

So, if any of you have tried them at all, let me know what you think.

I was going to get the HJC Symax, but there are just too many reviews of bad fogging problems and the chin bar is too close. I'm in cold country and really don't want any worse fogging than I already have.

Here's a photo of the Freeze:

http://www.webbikeworld.com/kbc-helmet/

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Interesting review. I'll have to go down to MotoxOutlet and see if they'll let me ride around with one of these KBC's then the SyMax and get a good review of the fit, feel, and noise.

These european ones with the integrated shield are very attractive. The DOT rating might be a bit of a problem when I ride out to Nevada to visit my brother. They have pretty strict helmet laws there.

I'll let you know when I get a chance to do a side by side with both of these, and tell you what I think.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I just ordered the KBC freeze from motorcycle accessory warehouse for 193.00. I like the looks and hope the helmet doesn't dissapoint me ::)

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I have a KBC Force RR (just a plain ole full face) and I love it , comfortable , has great vision and was priced right :bigthumbsup:. KBC makes some good helmets IMO ;)

·
Registered
443 Posts
I just bought a Scorpion full face (EXO Rivet, blue) a few weeks ago for under $200. So far it is a great helmet. Very pleased with the fit and venting. :bigthumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts