M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i just looked in kbb (kelly blue book) for the trade in on my bike...are they smoking crack? it said $7200 for my beautiful beast...i know you can sell for more private party, and no im not going to sell...but if and when i do is that all we will get when the "new" runs out on our bike?

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
that's BS but Suzuki didn't help matters by releasing the 06's so late in the model year and then putting out 07's early. Essentially they turned our 3 mo. old bikes into year old bikes. Thank you Suzuki! :verymad:

G

·
I look at this like it's not a investment is is entertainment.

Golden Eagles are Investments.

Cars, bikes, sleds, quads are for fun and fun is going to cost you something. And how can KBB come up with a resale value in 5 months. In the end you will get whatever someone is willing to pay for the bike whether KBB says 3000 or 10000.

TAZ

·
Registered
956 Posts
Trade in value represents a semi wholesale back to a dealer. If it was true that the ACV was 7900, then he might retail it for 8900 to 9200. Remember that a New dealer was selling these as low as in the 10's so a used one has to have an advantage price. The guides are misleading because they are suppose to reflect actual trades and auction prices which have really not been established as an average yet. My C90 that I paid 9800 for was selling a few months later new for 7900. Jap bikes just do not hold value. Harley on the other hand sells bikes for more than MSRP so a high used unit seems like a good bargain. Value is a state of mind in the marketplace.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts