M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I am noticing a trend of people moving to the C14... what up with dat?

Seriously, many of the guy that have switch have surprised me... all still say they loved their 109 but they still switch... Some say even tho they don't particular like the look of the C14 they still switched...:dontknow:

Is the a case of follow the leader or is their clear advantages to moving in this direction that the 109 does not offer? It would be easier if it was to a Goldwing or Harley it would be self explainable but I am not finding the link... was it performance based? just time to switch to a new project?

And I do understand ride what you ride...

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I switched because I wanted something that was a little better suited for 2 up riding. And the C14 fits the ticket very nicely, my wife wants to ride with me all the time now. Yes it is a very different experience from the 109 and isn't nearly as good looking. I miss my 109 and how good it looked but I am very happy with the C14.

And like I said before I will own another 109 sometime when I can afford two bikes at once. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Yep its been of that lately, not sure what's going on. Maybe its a conspiracy by 109 rivals or maybe the Beast is just too much beast for some. This site starting to look like a C14 site.

I love my 9 and will not get rid of it for any reason. I Gare-Rone-Tee. :#1:

·
Registered
877 Posts
dude i was so close 2 postin this thread but didnt know how 2 come about it...i dont discriminate i love ALL motorcycles,just couldnt get whats the deal wit this bike lately its takin our 9ers:'(...:joke:

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
they probably want to move to touring with reliability and speed. Don't blame them. It would be my next choice, either that or a b-king

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
they probably want to move to touring with reliability and speed. Don't blame them. It would be my next choice, either that or a b-king
No I dont blame anybody for riding anything as long as they are riding something... (a bike of course)

Just wanted to the no the motive behind the trend... Alot of good guys have moved over... just making sure they didnt know something I needed to know... Kinda happen like that on the VTX board right before Honda kill the line...

But we came HERE and some went with the Rocket III

·
Registered
940 Posts
I think we are all addicted to power and speed. The Concours offers sport bike performance with the comfort and storage to make the long haul with ease. As I have said, if my 109 does not sell at a fair price then I will be happy to keep it. No bike on the market matches the look of the 109 but I would like to try the Concours if just for a year or two to see how it works for me. I do plan to have another 109 in the future and will stay on this site if I do make the change. :doorag:

·
Registered
667 Posts
You know, funny thing - I sat on one for the first time today when I was in at the stealer picking up my bike after some service work. Felt way different from the 9 but I gotta admit, if I wanted to switch to more of a touring bike, I think I would pick the C14. It's nice, for that style of bike.

But I bet it doesn't / won't get the compliments like our 9s do.

·
Registered
325 Posts
The c14 is on one of my next bike lists. Love the shaft drive, riding position and near hypernike speed. But not that great looking and not enough to budge me from selling the nine. I love the nines engine at speed like when rocking out of second to third on an on ramp at 90 ish. But at slower speeds its just a bit of a handful. bought a vespa so that fills the around town niche. The bike right now that I really like is that Ducati multistrada. If it only had a shaft drive I would be on it tomorrow. So I think I'll seee what turns up in the next couple of years. Like what BMW or moto guzzi comes up with. Next year six cylinder fro Bmw and there is a vfour from a small american start up that should be out soon.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I have been looking to add another bike to the garage... i looked at the c-14 for a while and decided to go with the vespa.... it was a tough choice to make between the 2... but after the test run... it was clear.... the vespa won it hands down.

LOL.. :joke: the c-14 isn't my 1st choice but i can see why it might be for others...

·
Registered
241 Posts
Funny you mention this because there have just been 3-4 guys on the V65 board that all moved to the Blackbird. I suspect there is something about the one bike that has the same pull to the new bikes, so guys are naturally drawn to it, but who knows. The XX is on my short list but I could live with a C14. I'm into the older stuff and don't like the older Connies as much as the new ones.

·
Registered
703 Posts
I will be next to join the list!! Had alot of fun with the 9 but I miss the sport bike feel and I to do want something a little better for 2 up riding, Maybe somehow I can keep my 9 and get the C-14 too but if I had to choose 1, I would probally take the C-14.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
C14

A guy at my gym rides one, so I see it all the time. Funny thing is, he has the bags removed. It looks real sporty that way. But it's so "industrial" looking if you know what I mean. It would be hard for me to give up the beauty of the 109, the torque, and the compliments, not to mention the riding position.
All bikes are cool to me though..............it's a motorcycle, and I love them. I have since I saw my first one. I'd own them all if I could.

·
Registered
735 Posts
The C14 is a nice bike!
I think so. When I was bike shopping, I was down to the C14, C109, M109, FJR1300. When I realized that I really wasnt gonna have a passenger often, and my wife really wanted to ride her own bike, I eliminated the FJR & both of the C's, that made it really simple for me pick the best looking one.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I completely understand the attraction....there are a very few bikes that can really compete for the attention of a dedicated 109 owner and the Connie-14 is one of them (along with the Rocket III, Vmax, & B-king)

Truth be told the Concourse-14 will out perform the 9 in almost every way: acceleration, cornering, comfort, storage capacity. But what the 9 has over this and nearly all other bikes is PERSONALITY!! The 9 is one of the sexiest productions bikes on the market! You will not have people running from across the street to look at your "run of the mill" Concourse like they inevitably do when the 9 is sitting at the gas pump.

......AND here is something about the visceral feel of thumpy big bore v-twin and it's monstrous torque that is lost when you replace it with a high-revving smooth as glass inline-4 crotch rocket engine. You can hit triple digits on any liter class sport bike and not even realize it, you are all tucked down and there is a distinct lack of the sensation of speed. You need to push INSANE velocities on a big sport bike to get a real adrenaline pumping thrill.....Now on the 9 and other muscle bikes with upright riding positions and oversized engines you are ABSOLUTELY aware of how fast you are going when the speedo passes the century mark. Your arms and neck are stretched back, the engine is roaring like a demon from hell, and the wind is trying with all its might to rip you off the seat! It's the same thrill a rodeo rider gets during his 7 second ride on the back of a very pissed off bull!

......AND as we all know, huge torque is ENDLESSLY FUN! A sport bike winds up and pulls hard as it builds speed, but the triple digit torque delivered to the fat back tire of the 9 provides instant neck snapping thrust below highway speeds. In fact the 9 will even out torque the notorious Hayabusa off the line (of course by 40mph the Busa will start putting down SERIOUS horsepower and will pull away with a vengeance!) but there are very few street legal machines on the road that can beat the 109 to 30mph...and that's a FACT! Makes riding around town so exciting as a quick snap of the throttle when the light turns green will launch you so hard that time stops momentarily!! :evil:

I love the Concourse and if I could afford 2 bikes I would buy one tomorrow. The Connie is certainly much more practical but for now I prefer the style, sound, appearance, and feel of the 9. Especially since I only do single day rides usually less than 300 miles. For long multi-day tours the comfort and storage of the Concourse would be much more appropriate.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
It would be hard for me to give up the beauty of the 109, the torque, and the compliments, not to mention the riding position.
...I prefer the style, sound, appearance, and feel of the 9.
:agree: with these two sentiments. I love motorcycles in general myself and I'm always interested in looking, touching, feeling, inspecting any kind of bike. I've never been tempted to buy a chopper at all but just the other day I spent 20minutes looking at one..........because it was there. :doorag:

Having said that I don't get the Connie mini-craze going on. And I don't get the "it's a better 2up bike" point either. Me & my wife can do 400+ mile dayrides on the 9 with no complaints. But I guess everyone is built differently and fits to different bikes better than others.

Also there a percentage of people that just get BORED real quick and constantly have to get a different bike about every year or so.

I'm personally always just really attracted to the muscle cruisers. Everything else to me is just.....another bike.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts