M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Thinking about installing K&N Air Intakes on my 9. Question is will I notice enhanced performance enough to justify the $600 price tag?

Thanks

Joe

·
Registered
709 Posts
You wouldn't gain any more HP with the K&N cone intakes vs K&N replacement filters and a Ducks mod. You might get 2 or 3 HP gain on air intakes alone, but will def. sound cooler. Take the money you'll save running the Ducks/K&N setup and buy a Cobra fuel processor and drill out your baffles on your stock exhaust, then you'll def notice a gain with more growl.

·
Premium Member
3,523 Posts
There have been a few that have dyno tested a set of my cover and gained 10hp. Yes it all depends on how much you open the face of them up. But it is really just a looks thing. What ever looks good to you. Also if you want to spend $200-$300 or $600-$700

·
Registered
709 Posts
There have been a few that have dyno tested a set of my cover and gained 10hp. Yes it all depends on how much you open the face of them up. But it is really just a looks thing. What ever looks good to you. Also if you want to spend $200-$300 or $600-$700
Wow! Is that gain just on intakes alone or is it intakes/fuel/exhaust?

·
Premium Member
3,523 Posts
Wow! Is that gain just on intakes alone or is it intakes/fuel/exhaust?
It was intakes alone. He had done a dyno run with all his mods then another after putting on a set of my covers. I cant remember his screen name right now who actually posted the numbers. If I remember I will try to find his post and link to it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts