M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Just got my c109rt 2008 last june, love it.
I want to start slowly on some mods, maybe the ari filter(s)? for performance reasons. Does anyone know, I cant seem to locate whether the k&n filter model for the m109r is the same as for my bike, the c109rt?

The k&n model number is K&N-SU1806.

Also, and bear in mind I have not really worked on bike mods before, are there 2 air filters on my bike, and are they under the 2 chrome covers on each side? if so, I was wondering, how can any air get into the filters if they are covered by chrome covers? Is that where part of the increased performance would come in, by replacing those covers with some convers that have holes of some sort in them? thanks much for any input.
Kevin

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Well I dont know if the the air filter is the same... But if the domes are the same as the m109r they have a hole in the back where they suck air, the k&n air filter lets more air flow through them over stock ones which equals more HP...

·
Registered
643 Posts
The M109r uses the K&N-SU1806. The C109 uses the KN-SU-1598.

Here is a link to one that will work for you.

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/d...ry_ID=15&manufacturer_ID=143&product_ID=11046
the second air filter you listed is showing for a C90 not a C109 , do you know someone running it in a 109? I have already decided i am just gonna be changing up the intake and not using a drop in, so it doesn't apply to me right now. However if ever need be, it would be nice to know of a filter that works since K&N still isn't listing one for the C109.

actually , at what, over a 150$ for a pair??? i dont think i would run them even it was a perfect drop in

·
Registered
415 Posts
Hi,
Just got my c109rt 2008 last june, love it.
I want to start slowly on some mods, maybe the ari filter(s)? for performance reasons. Does anyone know, I cant seem to locate whether the k&n filter model for the m109r is the same as for my bike, the c109rt?

The k&n model number is K&N-SU1806.

Also, and bear in mind I have not really worked on bike mods before, are there 2 air filters on my bike, and are they under the 2 chrome covers on each side? if so, I was wondering, how can any air get into the filters if they are covered by chrome covers? Is that where part of the increased performance would come in, by replacing those covers with some convers that have holes of some sort in them? thanks much for any input.
Kevin
Two filters one on each side under the chrome cover and they go to a central air box tucked neatly under your gas tank. The M109R has shorter Chrome covers thus shorter air filters and the ones for the M will not work for the C.

If you want to keep the stock look, but suck air like an open K&N or better check out the Stealth Intakes that reuse the stock chrome covers, but suck completely form the back side for all weather protection and they will beat many an open looking intake in flow which equals power...when mated to the proper FI controller. I have a recommendation there as well.......:D

·
Registered
415 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
looking through the JP Cycles catalog, and they show the SU-1806 K&N air filter for both the M109 and the C109.

·
Registered
5,204 Posts
the second air filter you listed is showing for a C90 not a C109 , do you know someone running it in a 109? I have already decided i am just gonna be changing up the intake and not using a drop in, so it doesn't apply to me right now. However if ever need be, it would be nice to know of a filter that works since K&N still isn't listing one for the C109.

actually , at what, over a 150$ for a pair??? i dont think i would run them even it was a perfect drop in
I don't know if they're the same but I see K&Ns for the m109 all day long on eBay for $89.00

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
415 Posts
looking through the JP Cycles catalog, and they show the SU-1806 K&N air filter for both the M109 and the C109.
They are not correct on their assumption and if you cal them i bet no one has tried to fit the one for the M on the C.

I have spent the past couple years developing the C109R and now the M109R intakes and there are big differences in size between the two bikes filter assemblies believe me. I wish they were the same as the M could benefit slightly from the large size the C uses, but it would hit the pipe on the right where the rear exhaust wraps around to meet the front pipe.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Air Filter Option

Another option would be these. I bought these last year; they really breathe and I love the looks. Having the engine size displayed makes for some good bragging without ever having to say anything. 8)

If you shop around, others sell this model for less than their $669 price.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts