M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my ducks in and was installing with my new K&N yesterday, with my Fi2000r. I got the first one installed and i noticed that the k&n makes the 2 top corners pop out a little. They will not seal all the way back down like they were before. Has anyone else had this problem and what did you do? did you remove some of the seal that is in there or what? i still got the bike apart and would like to see if anyone has any ideas. thanks:dontknow:

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
I think K&N remedied that. Maybe you got the old style, trade 'em in

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,036 Posts
Make sure you have the metal plate on top of the filter, the spacers inside the rubber that surrounds the filter, and the filter sitting over the pegs on the box. Test fit them to make sure the pegs fit inside the rubber gasket. If the rubber gets between the pegs and base it will hold the cover out.

I've got a set I've had for at least 2 years and the covers fit fine with them.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I got my ducks in and was installing with my new K&N yesterday, with my Fi2000r. I got the first one installed and i noticed that the k&n makes the 2 top corners pop out a little. They will not seal all the way back down like they were before. Has anyone else had this problem and what did you do? did you remove some of the seal that is in there or what? i still got the bike apart and would like to see if anyone has any ideas. thanks:dontknow:
2008 and higher are different intakes and k&n has remedied the issue but their new intakes aren't on in the stores yet. I had same problem when ordering mine and the covers buldged a bit so i called k&n and told rep my issue. the said ok and are sending me the "new" ones for later models free of charge, however they said it's ok to run the current k&ns on the bike. except that buldge thing. I'm running them with no issues.

·
Registered
735 Posts
For the sake of clarity! Is it the intakes or the covers that are different starting in 08?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys, mine is a gray 08......i thought there was an issue with them. ill call K&n today....:bigthumbsup:

im just ready to get them on. i had to stop had some things to do this weekend, i hav also ordered my corbin seats. i will be posting the pix when corbin comes in. thanks again all..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts