M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I work with a couple of guys who are die hard Harley riders. One of them has an 07' Screamin Eagle Road King that he has spent way too much money on. He brags all the time about how fast it is. He tells me yesterday that he just had his bike re-mapped with a "hot map" as he called it. He said it shocked him how fast it was now. Now I ride a C109R with a home made big air kit, a FI2000R and a set of 2-to-1 hard krome's. We go to a local bike night tonight and end up next to each other at a red light on a back road. As we pull away, he decides he's gonna open it up and leave me behind... or so he thought :-\. I was in the middle of second gear when he really hit it. All I did was roll on the throttle and passed him like he was sitting still. He went through 4th gear just as i shifted into 3rd and was about 6 bike links behind me. :a20: We get to the bike night and he kinda wondered off and stayed to himself. He told one of the other guys that "I got the jump on him and he wasn't ready". About 20 minutes into it, I happened to look over and see him leaving without saying anything. I can't wait till work tomorrow. :redfaced:

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Reality can be painful. Where do they get the idea that those old dinasaurs are fast?

Good kill:bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Man, how can you be so inconsiderate? I have to say that you really hurt his feelings.:clap2::clap2::clap2:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Please tell me that you are NOT going to take the high road. Give him sh:edit:t tomorrow. Can't wait to hear how it plays out.

·
Seasoned Member
7,635 Posts
I work with a couple of guys who are die hard Harley riders. One of them has an 07' Screamin Eagle Road King that he has spent way too much money on. He brags all the time about how fast it is. He tells me yesterday that he just had his bike re-mapped with a "hot map" as he called it. He said it shocked him how fast it was now. Now I ride a C109R with a home made big air kit, a FI2000R and a set of 2-to-1 hard krome's. We go to a local bike night tonight and end up next to each other at a red light on a back road. As we pull away, he decides he's gonna open it up and leave me behind... or so he thought :-\. I was in the middle of second gear when he really hit it. All I did was roll on the throttle and passed him like he was sitting still. He went through 4th gear just as i shifted into 3rd and was about 6 bike links behind me. :a20: We get to the bike night and he kinda wondered off and stayed to himself. He told one of the other guys that "I got the jump on him and he wasn't ready". About 20 minutes into it, I happened to look over and see him leaving without saying anything. I can't wait till work tomorrow. :redfaced:
:clap2: :bow: :a18: :beer2:

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Ya know, that's hilarious.
Why do Harley guys even bother with "fast"? Can't they be happy with "expensive"?
If they want a "fast" cruiser, an M109R or a Raider is a much better choice than a Harley.

However, I also chuckle when I hear other M109R owners talking about how "fast" their bike is. I ride mainly with Hayabusa & B-King riders. My maximum speed is barely over their "cruising" speed.

Believe me on this, nothing makes a guy more humble than having his bike rapped out WOT and having his friend slide up next to him on a Hayabusa and start blipping the throttle and then powering up into a wheelie and pulling away.

I know that my bike isn't truly "fast", but it's a REALLY fun cruiser to ride & thug around on! I wish that Harley riders would learn that same lesson.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts