M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
34-4007-01, the one I saw a lot of failures on this board, was redesigned approximately two years ago. It is of thicker material to help eliminate those breaks. And boy did they look nasty!!

Hate to say this, but ordering from anywhere is suspect for "new" old stock. Ordering mine from Jardine and biting the bullet on price to keep my lady safe.

If anyone has any reservation why me and my new quick detach sissy bar shall not be joined, please speak now or forever hold your peace! :-X

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
They should be able to give you serial numbers of the new models. If they truly did change it...but let's just say...I'm suspicious....:confused:

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
FYI....My warranty replacement that I received is of double thickness in the area of the original breakage.

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Is there a link to this info?

·
Registered
960 Posts
They should be able to give you serial numbers of the new models. If they truly did change it...but let's just say...I'm suspicious....:confused:
I want one of these bad but I want to KNOW that what I am ordering is not going to kill my wife or one of my kids. Do you think Jardine would share the serial number they started the new product with? Even if not, they would be careless to not recall the faulty units. One lawsuit could and would put them under.:verymad:

·
Registered
960 Posts
Another question; I have a Suzuki backrest. Do you think they share the same mounting pattern so I could use my current backrest on teh Jardine bracket? Their website has NO info.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I used the Zuk backrest and luggage rack with my Jardine Quick detatch mounts. Not broke yet, but very marginal design. Rod

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
1. The Suzuki Brackrest will work with the Jardine brackets.
2. The new brackets are easy to differentiate from the old one that will fail/bend on you. The new ones have an extra piece of metal welded to the section just under the hand grips. If it doesn't have that piece, it's the older ones and you don't want them.
The new ones won't fail or bend on you. The new weld fix is visible, but not something that jumps out at you. They look fine.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
FYI....My warranty replacement that I received is of double thickness in the area of the original breakage.
1. The Suzuki Brackrest will work with the Jardine brackets.
2. The new brackets are easy to differentiate from the old one that will fail/bend on you. The new ones have an extra piece of metal welded to the section just under the hand grips. If it doesn't have that piece, it's the older ones and you don't want them.
The new ones won't fail or bend on you. The new weld fix is visible, but not something that jumps out at you. They look fine.
Finally! Two people that have seen the changes.:clap2: I have heard they were fixed but never anyone that had seen them.:doorag:

About the Serial numbers... they shouldn't have to give you the full sequence just the numbers they changed for the production run. (Assuming they did, but they should of.) If Jardine is a good company they would of at least pulled all defective mounts from the dealerships and sent all them new models. That is at the very least!! They really should replace the ones that have broken with the new mounts. At the very best, they should have the option to return the old style for the new ones if you choose. We'll have to see which way they go. But I bet they just keep it hush hush.;)

·
Registered
976 Posts
bought 1 three weeks ago. It looks beefier than my brother's. He bought his last year for his stratoliner and has no signs of a problem.(And his wife is bigger than mine )

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Finally! Two people that have seen the changes.:clap2: I have heard they were fixed but never anyone that had seen them.:doorag:

About the Serial numbers... they shouldn't have to give you the full sequence just the numbers they changed for the production run. (Assuming they did, but they should of.) If Jardine is a good company they would of at least pulled all defective mounts from the dealerships and sent all them new models. That is at the very least!! They really should replace the ones that have broken with the new mounts. At the very best, they should have the option to return the old style for the new ones if you choose. We'll have to see which way they go. But I bet they just keep it hush hush.;)
They have and likely still will take back your old ones and replace them. That's good anyway. They took my bent ones back and replaced both of them.

bought 1 three weeks ago. It looks beefier than my brother's. He bought his last year for his stratoliner and has no signs of a problem.(And his wife is bigger than mine )
The new ones are exactly the same as the old ones. In fact the fix they've made is simply to add a strategically placed piece of metal welded just below the base of the grip. They then re-chromed the entire unit. This piece of metal they added is in the only location the units failed. The rest of the bracket is fine.

·
Registered
138 Posts
jardine

I sent mine back a month ago, I called yesterday, they told ne two more weeks... I am headin up to the dragon the second week of August and I better have it by then!!!!!!maybe I could rent one of yours if it does not come in???????

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I sent mine back a month ago, I called yesterday, they told ne two more weeks... I am headin up to the dragon the second week of August and I better have it by then!!!!!!maybe I could rent one of yours if it does not come in???????
They told me the parts will be back from the chromers next week, so I can't even order yet. Sold out. I'd call and see if they could get you on a Priority list. Nice guy I talked to. Just ask for customer support on a sissy bar, and you should get this guy. Did not catch his name.

·
Registered
138 Posts
according to jardine, they are getting them back from the chromer on Friday!!!! Lets just see if I can get it back by Tuesday!!!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts