M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Finally racked up 12,000K's of awesome riding on the beast, problem free! (Thankfully!)

Just rode her to the Suzuki Dealer to have its 12k service done... Wow, I was quoted about 3-4 hours labour and about $500 or so when done... damn thats expensive!

I understand there is a fair amount of work to be done though... new plugs, new oil + filter, valve adjustments, tightening of bolts, lubricate parts... Anything else from this service?

Thankfully I'll be on vacation away in Ottawa with my special lady this weekend (CANADA DAY!:bigthumbsup:) , I'll take my car this time.... But I'll be back on Monday to pick my Yellow beast up! I just hope it runs as good as it did when I brought it in! I went with Synthetic oil again too.

See you folks soon!

EDIT: I made up a chart from the manual for anyone who wants to know what happens at each service. You're welcome!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Finally racked up 12,000K's of awesome riding on the beast, problem free! (Thankfully!)

Just rode her to the Suzuki Dealer to have its 12k service done... Wow, I was quoted about 3-4 hours labour and about $500 or so when done... damn thats expensive!

I understand there is a fair amount of work to be done though... new plugs, new oil + filter, valve adjustments, tightening of bolts, lubricate parts... Anything else from this service?

Thankfully I'll be on vacation away in Ottawa with my special lady this weekend (CANADA DAY!:bigthumbsup:) , I'll take my car this time.... But I'll be back on Monday to pick my Yellow beast up! I just hope it runs as good as it did when I brought it in! I went with Synthetic oil again too.

See you folks soon!
Hmmm... should this be something I should be doing to my bike too? I bought it last Sept. and it had 6000 or so miles (it was an American bike).
The guy I bought it from had it for only a month so he had no clue about anything that had been done to the bike....he had bought from a non Suzuki dealer that had brought the bike in from the US.
I recently broke 10000 miles and was wondering if there was any service work that should be done????

Thanks

(Sorry wasn't trying to hack your thread.... it just got me curious....)

·
Registered
485 Posts
Yep. That's about what they got me for when I had my 12K done. :welcome:

·
Registered
913 Posts
At your 12,000km service, you do not need to check your valves. It does say change your oil, but not your oil filter. Change spark plugs, and change coolant fluid every 2 years. The service manual states to check valves at 24,000kms. Inspect all bolts and tighten if neccessary

You are wasting your money getting your dealer to check your valves so early.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Hmmm... should this be something I should be doing to my bike too? I bought it last Sept. and it had 6000 or so miles (it was an American bike).
The guy I bought it from had it for only a month so he had no clue about anything that had been done to the bike....he had bought from a non Suzuki dealer that had brought the bike in from the US.
I recently broke 10000 miles and was wondering if there was any service work that should be done????

Thanks

(Sorry wasn't trying to hack your thread.... it just got me curious....)
Someone here will post the maintenance schedule im sure, but yes the bike needs service at 6k, 12k, 18k and 24k.... The 12k is a bigger one. You need to check all bolts are tightened, new oil, parts lubricated ETC

Enjoy the bike!!:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
913 Posts
Someone here will post the maintenance schedule im sure, but yes the bike needs service at 6k, 12k, 18k and 24k.... The 12k is a bigger one. You need to check all bolts are tightened, new oil, parts lubricated ETC

Enjoy the bike!!:bigthumbsup:
Your big service should be the 24,000 km service, not the 12,000.
Inspecting and tightening bolts is included on every service.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Your big service should be the 24,000 km service, not the 12,000.
Inspecting and tightening bolts is included on every service.
You are right... I meant it was a bigger service then the 6,000km service. Looking forward to the day my bike has 24,000kms :bigthumbsup: :super:

·
Registered
678 Posts
So what do they do for the 6000 mile service?

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
it doesnt work:dontknow:

its just the broken pic image.
Hmm.. Interesting. I've re-uploaded the image, let me know if you can see now.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts