M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI everyone!

My name is Ron and I live in Toronto, Ontario. I dont have an M109 (YET) but Ive been scrounging around here for a little while, just reading up on the magnificent beast. I am 25 years old, ive owned 2 motorcycles since I was 19 ive had a Honda Shadow ACE and now im riding a Suzuki Boulevard M50.

Im hoping within the next year or 2 I will be the owner of a Black M109 (We all know thats the fastest... dont kid yourself.) Are there any riders in the Raleigh area? My parents live down there and im thinking of buying one in the states and then hopefully somehow getting it back up to Ontario. M109's cost almost $20,000 here which is absolutely ridiculous.

Anyway, I hope to join your ranks soon and have fun!! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
360 Posts
that does sound a little high . retail on the 2007s are $12599 . it would be worth the trip to buy one down here .

I traded a VZ 800 , now the M 50 , for my 109 . it was a good move . love my super fine 109 .

·
Registered
185 Posts
:welcome: Do it ! ! ! the M50 is a fine bike . . but the 109 is a big step up . . you will love it ! ! ! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This brings me up to my next question. There are not enough people here who have m109's that I can actually get a straight answer from but the rumours Ive heard about the m109 is that it is shaky at high speeds, clunky on the shifter and shifting, and that its definitely not a bike for the twisties.

now im not saying I believe this, but it would definitely help to hear from an actual m109 owner about the performance of the bike as far as speed, and manouverability. Im not a crazy biker, I like my cruising. But i do like going down nice windy roads if i can find them. How is the bike around 160kph and whats the deal with the Gear shifting? Enlighten me!

·
Registered
775 Posts
:welcome: i've had mine at 140mph more than once, i can honestly say that at that speed it's the best ride i've ever had. as stable as a mack truck. it is a little clunky on the shifting at first. it smooths out after a while and a few miles. after that, it's just power you could never imagine in a bike this big and comfortable. as far as twisties; it's a cruiser, not a sportster. but i think most of us can show plenty of damage to pegs and lower pipes to show the contrary. but, till then, enjoy that m50. i had one once, myself; was a great bike that i enjoyed everytime i rode.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Im hoping within the next year or 2 I will be the owner of a Black M109 (We all know thats the fastest... dont kid yourself.)
i like this guy already

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
phaed said:
i like this guy already
Lol well every bike ive owned up to now has been black so I know from experience...

·
Registered
197 Posts
Not only is this bike much smoother than the M50 but it is way more comfortable.

·
Registered
411 Posts
M109LOVER said:
Yeah Black is beautiful
Yeah, no doubt black is beautiful but as a famous cowboy once said " hi ho silver away" Here we go again on which bike is faster

Welcome to the board, when the time comes you won´t regret buying the M109. Everytime you take it for a ride its almost like Christmas every day :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
150 Posts
A friend of mine said to put a little lucas oil in when you change the oil. I had him put it in mine when I changed the oil and it made it shift alot smoother. Especially 1st to 2nd

1 - 16 of 16 Posts