M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I will have many panels/parts off the bike, can you recomend what else I should do while its apart.
I would hate to take it all apart in another 2 weeks.

I am already thinking of upgrading to the Stebel horn...
I am mid way through my personal intake...

Anything else that is a common upgrade that entails the tank being off??

Sledzep

G

·
Yep, I actually did that to all of mine too and I drank a couple of beers. I didn't however tighten my radiator hoses which I should have since my air cleaners were off too.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Send the parts off to get a custom paint job. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ppridgen1 said:
plumb the nitrous lines and injector units and the tps actuator wire, clean up the ledge on the injector/boot connection,install the lizzard lights, install the air ride compressor unit and air lines.....that's all I can think of right now!!!!!!!!!!! :bigthumbsup: :doorag:
Ppridgen, I meant BESIDES the normal stuff!!

Lamont, I believe you mentioned in a thread that the actual Airbox does NOT need to come off. Is that correct? I have the directions printed and glanced over them...
I also have the manual to help me get into REAL trouble :bigthumbsup:

Sledzep

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just installed mine the other night. You do not need to remove the air box. That said it might make you wnt to slit your wrists. I ended up loosening the the rear intake boot facing the rear going to the throttle body. This gave me infinitely more room to work. You will still need to fish the wires through under the air box. I am going to post in another thread to make sure the throttle position sensor wires are making contact. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
ChuckyC said:
Just installed mine the other night. You do not need to remove the air box. That said it might make you wnt to slit your wrists. I ended up loosening the the rear intake boot facing the rear going to the throttle body. This gave me infinitely more room to work. You will still need to fish the wires through under the air box. I am going to post in another thread to make sure the throttle position sensor wires are making contact. :bigthumbsup:
+1

1 - 9 of 9 Posts