M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After two years of procrastinating I purchased a 2007 109. I am 61 years old, haven't riden in thirty years and first purchased a 2006 Harley super glide in june. Traded that in July, didn't like how it felt on the highway and purchased a 2006 Harley Road King Custom. After figuring out I am not part of that culture, look and noise and have always admired the look of the 109 I went for it and luv it.
Have a white 109 with a touring windshield, saddebags and gel seat. All Suzuki accessories.
Ride is much better then the Harley, getting use to the new vibrations from the drive train, miss the auto action of Harley turn signals and will figure out how to adjust that foot brake, but after 174 miles in 20 hours am really enjoying the 109. Luv how it handles and looks...
Thanks for all your input and comments. Helped me make my decision and prepare for the few minor negatives.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Good Move . .  :bigthumbsup:  :bigthumbsup:

Us older guys shoudn't be stuck with big overweight lumbering cruisers . . We like to get spirited sometimes too ! !  :bigthumbsup: :doorag: :super:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Nice to see you came back to the Non-Harley side. I agree on the culture thing. I never cared for the Harley attitude, especially when the bikes aren't worth anywhere near what they charge.

One question.... 174 miles in 20 hours????? Where you stuck in traffic all day?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Welcome aboard partner. You'll find this to be a pleasure on 2 wheels. The more you ride it the more you will smile. Welcome and enjoy. :bigthumbsup: :D :bigthumbsup: :D :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
350 Posts
Congratulations on your new 109. I know what you mean about the HD's. I was in Oahu last week and rented a Fat Boy for a day. I was never so glad to get off a bike in my life. I just don't get it.
So how about a picture or two of your new ride? I like the white too!

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
grats man!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Rocket Convert said:
Nice to see you came back to the Non-Harley side. I agree on the culture thing. I never cared for the Harley attitude, especially when the bikes aren't worth anywhere near what they charge.

One question.... 174 miles in 20 hours????? Where you stuck in traffic all day?
That includes sleep, feeding my face, waxing it, etc.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
whiteout said:
Congratulations on your new 109. I know what you mean about the HD's. I was in Oahu last week and rented a Fat Boy for a day. I was never so glad to get off a bike in my life. I just don't get it.
So how about a picture or two of your new ride? I like the white too!
Thanks.. As soon as I figure out how to attach a photo I will, the dealer took a nice one before I left.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts