M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WOW!! I couldn't belive it the throttle response and the torque pick up.. That was just one kick A$$ Mod.. Thanks to maniac for finding this mod and thanks jeff for the plug & play..

·
Registered
181 Posts
SpeedCrazy said:
WOW!! I couldn't belive it the throttle response and the torque pick up.. That was just one kick A$$ Mod.. Thanks to maniac for finding this mod and thanks jeff for the plug & play..
Was the kit you received labled JSD-1M. I ask, because what arrived at my door today was labled JSD-1A and I had ordered a JSD-1M kit from the website.

Thanks - Rice Burner

·
Registered
752 Posts
It should have been the JSD-3M which is already assembled and has the pot on it. I had the original JSD-1 that I ordered and sent it back for the 3.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I received the 3m in today. I do not know where the red wire connects to :redfaced: HELP (it is not in the instructions :verymad:)!!!!! I want to get this installed tonight ......Thanks......

·
Registered
181 Posts
L-Train said:
It should have been the JSD-3M which is already assembled and has the pot on it. I had the original JSD-1 that I ordered and sent it back for the 3.
Yea, I checked his sight and I have the sinking feeling that I was sent the wrong fricken kit. I'm pretty pissed, as I was hoping to have this mod one shortly.

back to the drawing board :verymad:

·
Registered
752 Posts
What was the price?

The 3 is $40 and the 1 is $10. That should help you know if the wrong one came or if the wrong one was ordered.

·
Registered
181 Posts
L-Train said:
What was the price?

The 3 is $40 and the 1 is $10. That should help you know if the wrong one came or if the wrong one was ordered.
To be specific, the JSD-1M is $29.95 + 6.50 shipping for a total of $36.45 - which is reflected on the PayPal statement that I printed out when I made the purchase.

The JSD-3M is the $40 kit.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Rice Burner said:
To be specific, the JSD-1M is $29.95 + 6.50 shipping for a total of $36.45 - which is reflected on the PayPal statement that I printed out when I made the purchase.

The JSD-3M is the $40 kit.
Rice I paid $10 for the GSX-R kit with the 1. Obviously your kit isn't the same one I have.

Sounds like you might have gotten the wrong kit as you suspect.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Still waiting on my JSD-3. I was feeling rather confident about the install from reading all the threads. . .Just plug and play right. Now I'm looking at the replies re: the red (ground?) wire hanging and where does it go??? Please help B4 I get mine.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just went for a ride with the 3m installed. :bigthumbsup: Seems to have more power on the lower. And yes you can easily smoke the tire. :redfaced:..I ran out of road to see if the rpm limiter was disabled (approximately 130).......I hope the red loose wire is ground :eek:

·
Registered
752 Posts
I could anyway. It was just retarding the ignition. I could pull 7400 in every gear just wasn't giving me full power in those gears.

It is now. Definitely. We measured a quarter mile and I ran it last night 6 times runs with two friends and a stop watch. Tonight with the mod in running the same distance I was an average of .5 sec faster in the standing qrtr mile.

Admittedly it was just two guys and a stop watch but...............

1 - 20 of 120 Posts