·
Registered
16,260 Posts
Looks good. Now slap that baby on:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The stock bike is a little yellower. The clear cautions to not spray too much or you could get yellowing. I think "ah ha this will help me match a yellowed paint!"

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
Sweet Jason,,,,,,,,,,,, That will look sharp, I am thinkin when the snow stops I may get one for ma 9.......How many coats of clear?

I am Very happy with the color match!
The lighting and camera setting makes it look a little different but is truely
Candy Sonoma Red!!
Shiny!
All done with a fizz bomb!!! :hot:

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I had a tough time doing the silver(base) cause it wants to blotch. You can`t adjust pressure with a rattle LOL. A thin tack coat and some good flash time helps.

Also I think warming the spoiler would help some to prevent blotching.

·
Registered
612 Posts
It's painted and on the bike...that is what matters! It could be painted blue, pink, green or brown and it will still make the bike look awesome!

-Cameron C.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Excellent work, from the pics it looks like a very good match. I have my Color Rite rattle cans ready to go, I hope it turns out as nice as yours, by the way did you use a primer after sanding or go straight to the base?

·
Registered
249 Posts
that looks awesome.I'm getting ready to paint mine ,but i have the 06 purple .should i use the black primer or gray?:dontknow:

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
I was told you dont need a primer. I did a test coupon with primers and they lifted badly. I didnt want to take a chance so I went straight onto the gelcoat.( I did wet sand with 400 to get a "water break free" surface)
Once I test sprayed the silver(base) it covered all shades of primer so once you spray your base you will see it doesnt matter what color primer you use.
Under certain light the stock color is a little yellower. I havent been outside yet in natural lighting.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts