M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldn't wait, I ordered the Service Manual and the ISO Grips from Direct line, and the JSD-3m from JSD. After doing alot of research on this board I went with these for my first mods. I just had one question. Do I need to change the plugs to one step colder? I am keeping my stock exhaust and air filter (at least until Vance and Hines comes out with their 2 into 1 big radius). I always run premium fuel.
thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
I only have the JSD mod and my pipes modded slightly but the big air and PC 3 are here I ust need to get some dyno time to get a baseline first. I went ahead and went two steps colder to the CR10EK plugs that JR recommended for two reasons. One is even though I put premium fuel in it I don't really know how premium it is and number two I ride the stink out of it, like cruise at 90 mph most the time. The stock plugs came out at 4k and were not burned or blistered but no color. The 10's are working perfectly and I don't expect much for deposits since I run it hard and the bike at least mine is probably on the lean side from the factory. The baseline dyno should tell the tale.

·
Registered
371 Posts
hey kat i think your going to be ok with the equipment running with your jsd when you start the big air / exhaust then start looking for the plug step down just my opinion

1 - 4 of 4 Posts