M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went out to mount my baby this morning and when I pushed back to ease her out of the garage, she moved like a rock. A flat rear tire with a screw stuck right in the middle of the tread had done her in. I called around locally until about 11:50 trying to get a 260 but nobody had one. They said that the warehouse was in NC and it would take at least until Monday or Tuesday to get it shipped up. I had to have it then. I finally decided to call DirectLineParts, the people whom I should have called first. The guy I spoke with at 11:54 said if he ordered it before noon, he could pick it up and then ship it the same day so I would get it tomorrow evening. He said that DirectlineParts is like a mile from the Metzler warehouse and he would go pick it up himself for me.

With overnight shipping and everything it was still cheaper then the price they quoted me locally. Now if the locals can figure out how to mount a tire I will be very happy. I will post pictures when it's done. I plan to be first in line at my local dealer on Saturday morning at 9am to get it mounted up. In the meantime I am riding around on a plug but only for another day or so.

-Tim

·
Registered
181 Posts
The 260 will fit the stock rim??? I ask, because I was thinking about getting the Dunlop 250 but if the 260 fits the stock rim then that's how I'll go!

Pics will be great.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I think someone said it measures like 248 even though it's tagged as a 260. The 250 might be wider.

I decided to try this one over the 250 as I was a bit concerned about the 250 profile being more flat.

-Tim

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Rice Burner said:
The 260 will fit the stock rim??? I ask, because I was thinking about getting the Dunlop 250 but if the 260 fits the stock rim then that's how I'll go!

Pics will be great.
The 250/40-R18 Dunnies is a full 10 inches wide....The Metz 260/40-R18 is 9 and 7/8 inches wide. Both are available from DirectLineParts.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
L-Train said:
the 250 is stock on the hammer and vegas jackpot from victory and I hear they both ride well.
You are correct.....both have 8.5 inch wide rims......just like the 109!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Good to know fellas. Think I'll be getting the 250 when it's time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts