M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok you know my bike is at Corbins. They have been following your posts and looking at the pictures you've posted. Making changes. Since it was there and I was getting freebie bags and MAYBE seats, I just had to go the whole way and order all the parts they had for my bike. So I ordered a fairing also. I am so excited. WS6 on the M90 board ought to be picking his up soon and posting all the new stuff Corbin is making for them. So you guys with Corbin fairings chime in. How is it with their Fairings at speed? And now with the saddles my wife all of a sudden says she wants to ride with me. So I guess that means Corbin parts will get you a blond on the back of your scoot. How cool is that.
Bob
BTW WS6 got a group buy going for the M90 guys. If any of you are interested let me know and I will see what I can do. What do you think about a Smuggler made just for our nines..

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Enjoy the new mods. IMHO, the fairing takes away from the look of the 109. You have a pretty sweet ride already with a sporty look. The fairing to me is great for the long distance guys and commuter guys. For me if I was going to spend the money Corbin charges for their bags and fairing I would rather just buy a dresser. But I will say if I were to go fairing on the 9, corbin would be the only one I would consider since they do look the best of what is out there. Good luck and enjoy.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Fairing, yeah baby!

While I totally agree the M109 looks best "naked", once you ride any distance at speed (80-90 mph) with a fairing, you'll be spoiled like me.
Same goes for hard bags.
As for just buying a bagger, what bagger has this motor? The power of a 109 also spoils you for a boring ho-hum 80 hp bike.
It's your bike, do what makes you happy. You'll never make everyone else happy anyway.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
While I totally agree the M109 looks best "naked", once you ride any distance at speed (80-90 mph) with a fairing, you'll be spoiled like me.
Same goes for hard bags.
As for just buying a bagger, what bagger has this motor? The power of a 109 also spoils you for a boring ho-hum 80 hp bike.
It's your bike, do what makes you happy. You'll never make everyone else happy anyway.
I agree 100%. Everytime I ride more than 100 miles I always say, "man a shield or fairing would be ideal as would a set of nice hard bags as I shove another item I purchased that I can't carry into my jacket. I would love to buy a Victory Vision as a second long haul bike. I test rode one and could not believe how well made the bike is and how comfy it was for riding.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I agree 100%. Everytime I ride more than 100 miles I always say, "man a shield or fairing would be ideal as would a set of nice hard bags as I shove another item I purchased that I can't carry into my jacket. I would love to buy a Victory Vision as a second long haul bike. I test rode one and could not believe how well made the bike is and how comfy it was for riding.
That's my next bike (as I've said before), hopefully the end of next year. THEN I WILL HAVE IT ALL.:drool::2excited::a18:

·
Registered
492 Posts
Same goes for hard bags.
:agree: with you CBR.....and with the custom look of the Corbin fairing and bags, I know that I am ridin' a one of a kind, rather than all the other look alike baggers on the road, :doorag: and know that I can blow 'em away at any time. As my fairing is one of the 1st generation, it has been 98% perfect, with the only gripe being the fitment of the chrome insert over the light, but with the new design it looks to me like they got that covered. I am using the original 13" sheild, and after trying a 16", found that it caused to much side 'buffeting' on my head, and the 13", at speed, makes a nice 'bubble' over both driver and passenger, with a nice line of sight just over the top of the sheild. Surprised at how little effect it has with cross winds, and I think even better than 'naked', and the fabulous chrome mount is bulletproof. Like Corbin says, it acts like a rudder, the faster you go, the more stable it feels, and IMHO a lower coefficient of drag than naked. To each their own, as for me, the Corbin fairing is a great custom upgrade to the 9. ......... RRH............:doorag:

note: the purpose of the 'vent' on a GW sheild is to counter the 'buffeting' more than cool the driver.

ps: hey Corbin...... how about makin' a cool front fender that protects the radiator better,......I'd buy one for sure.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
That's my next bike (as I've said before), hopefully the end of next year. THEN I WILL HAVE IT ALL.:drool::2excited::a18:
Very cool Ghost. I must say I was impressed after riding the Vision. Their new model the cross country (I think that's the name) is pretty sweet looking too. It would be sweet to have both.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What is wrong with a sleek custom looking M90 or M109 with a fairing and bags. Sounds like a great combo to me. Yeah it may not have all the gadgets but it didn't cost 25,000 like my buds 110 inch Harley Dresser did. And I will still spank him with ease.The Honda is a dream to ride and a bench mark for reliability but I have to ride what I can afford and what looks cool to me. The niner with or without just floats my boat.
Bob

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
What is wrong with a sleek custom looking M90 or M109 with a fairing and bags. Sounds like a great combo to me. Yeah it may not have all the gadgets but it didn't cost 25,000 like my buds 110 inch Harley Dresser did. And I will still spank him with ease.The Honda is a dream to ride and a bench mark for reliability but I have to ride what I can afford and what looks cool to me. The niner with or without just floats my boat.
Bob
if i had the fairing , i would def use it for a long haul.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Bob
Pay no mind to the anti-saddlebag/fairing peeps here,,, They look great!

Two reasons I do not have the saddlebags is first due to the tire size restrictions,,, I was running Metz 260's then went to a 10" rim with a 280 and now I am back to stock with 260's again. Biggest you can go is the 250 and everyone here should know what I think about Dunlop, let alone the E3 tires ;) and the second reason is I wanted quick detachable bags. So I went with the K-Drive saddlebags,,,

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I do plan on finding out just how fast a bagged nine will go at el mirage when it gets home. The lake bed ought to be dry by then and I will take my wifes Garmin along. My buddy is going to take the video so I can post the run and the garmin reading. Besides I just realized that the bags are a great place to put the NOS bottles..And they are making it 260 or 250 capable.
Bob

1 - 18 of 18 Posts