M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The m109r has been grand just been itching for a change. Next week when the griso comes in I'll be bringing the m109 to renegade motors in toledo and picking up a red griso. If anyone is knows someone looking for a white '07 with 20000miles I bet renegade would deal on it.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
That thing is adorable, good luck:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Vibration anyone?

The last review I read about Moto Guzzi said the vibration felt though the handlebars felt like you were firing a machine gun. Maybe they've fixed it some, but that would put my hands to sleep very quickly.
You won't find a v-twin as smooth as a 109, but this is at the opposite end of the spectrum.
If that's not a bother for you, enjoy. You won't find another one parked next to you at every stop, that's for sure.
The last Moto Guzzi I rode was in 1969, a 750 if I remember. Fun bike.
Edit, Oh I found it. The engine design is still the same sideways v-twin.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
I bought a 850T

in a box of parts for $300 put it all back together and painted it black with gold spike flames LOL Full dresser , windjammer full fairing, stereo running boards and huge fiberglass saddlebags and trunk, I could put a whole shopping cart of grub in the 3. Also had diamond tuck butt fitting seating. Sold it for $3000 Yearssssssss ago. That thing run down the road so smooth. I kept burning the inside of my knees on the heads though. Lived in Phx. at the time. Always wore shorts LOL I know, dumba$$ thing to do.

·
Registered
960 Posts

This thing looks like someone converted a string trimmer into a motorcycle!:joke: It still has two wheels so have FUN!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I test rode a 1100 griso back when they first came out. The new 8v fixed the cramped handle bar position and the motor has a broader range. The 08 and 09s had some mapping problems which the 2010 has resolved. Basically I've been thinking of getting a lighter bike. Like the ducati air cooled bikes but wanted a shaft drive. The griso fills that niche so I think I'll be happy with it. Of course if i had the $$$$ i'd keep the 109, my '04 Z1000 and ZX7r but I'll just relish the memories. And I'll get one last 80 mile ride to the dealer before I trade it in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts