M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I even start this post. My digital camera is at work, so I won't have pictures for a couple of days. That being said, like many of you I need a little more space when riding. I have a chrome and spike fetish so the stiletto pegs and grips were a no brainer for me. THe stirrups were a nice add-on as well. They allow me a place to rest my entire boot (13EEE). Today on a nice ride on a long stretch I was able to just hang my boot out on the edge of the peg and it was nice to stretch out on the bike.

Now the negative. Once installed they are 2 1/2" longer than stock. I totally expect that this will be an issue in the twistees. You can pick up an inch by getting the standard ends instead of the stiletto ends, but like I said, I need the spiked ends. Easy install. Only suggestions would be to add some loctite on the main bolt. I torqued the bolt as tight as I could and it still turned on my with weight on it. Little lock tite and no more turninig. According to Kuryakyn, the stirrups can only be used with the stiletto pegs. Just FYI. Here is the link to Kuryakyn for their pictures. http://www.kuryakyn.com/products.asp?bn=metric&ci=3147

·
Registered
593 Posts
Hey Bruno thanx again for the mirrors. I hope you received your money. I just installed a pair of the ISO grips with stiletto tips and WOW these set the bike off. I am ordering Zuki's engine guards and will installing a universal set of Kuryakyn retractable pegs on the outers of the guards which make long trips more comfortable for the 6'2" rider.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I have them, and its the Stirups you are going to drag in the corners, I do it daily... I am going to try and bring them up some, but it is not that easy as you said to adjust and tighten down again...

·
Registered
593 Posts
I know how your feeling about gettin down in the corners. I have this one particular turn on route home from the J. that I get the left peg dragging. :bigthumbsup: I can't have any chicken strips on that rear tire. 8)-Z

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have the iso grips and the stilleto end caps, I was hoping to see some pics of the pegs and stirrups. Cant wait to see the pics.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've been primarily lurking until now, but have found a wealth of info from all on this board. A hearty thanks to you all!

My question:

Since I'm new to the cruiser world and their accessories, I need a bit of clarification on the stirrups.

Does the BACK of your heel rest on the stirrup, or the bottom? I have short legs and sometimes at speed it feels like my feet are slipping (down) off of the pegs. :eek: These look like they might give me a bit more security. Am I seeing them correctly?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Truthfully, that is kida of a loaded question. Depending on your height. I am 6' and I wear a 13EEE boot. For me, the very back of the heel rests on the small stirrup, but a couple of us that have them have had a problem with the stirrup wanting to turn down. I have put blue loctite on it and turned it til the bolt was close to braking and still it wants to turn just a little. I think in my case it could be the driver weight on the peg, not sure. The one thing I like is that it puts the stiletto peg out far enough that I can rest my foot on the far outside of the peg while cruising. Of course the down side of that is that it also scrapes at a lesser lean angle.

Long story short, you may do better installing these: http://www.directlineparts.com/product.asp?pid=1889&str=290&ID=962124271

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thanks for the info Bruno. I had been leaning toward the ISO Wings, but hadn't seen the stirrup setup before. I think you're right, the boards might work better.

I appreciate the input!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts