M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished installing my V-Stream windshield. Got it from the US today and haven't the chance to test it just yet. Can't wait to take it on the highways. Because I was in a hurry it was installed slightly off center.

·
Registered
22 Posts
windshield

I have the same one but since i'm not home, i cannot test it out. Now my wife took my 9 out to work and thats a 40 minute drive, but she claims she hated it because she didnt have the protection from the wind and bugs that she needed. I will try it out in a couple weeks to see what the deal is. I have a tinted one and i love the looks of it on my bike.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
My personal view on the V-Stream,

'Took a short ride yesterday. Actually there are some air flowing on to the arms. The windshield is in such a way that the curvature allows air flow as the center of the shield is a V shape. Gonna try it in 20 minutes as I am taking it to work today. About 20 miles of Highway.'

'Its confirmed that the wind can go up the arm then the elbow and also on the shoulder(I forgot that I can feel the wind under the armpits too! ) . Can feel the collars of the shirt tapping on the shoulder. So it is actually very comfortable.
The wind is hitting just at the tip of my helmet. That is because I still need to fine tune the position a bit.
Overall, am very happy with it. Could go 100mph constantly.(Previously 90mph on and off as the wind is pushing at the body)'

Just got back from a 100miles ride. The differences is clear. Not so tired as before. Doesn't have to fight the wind and so the ride is more relaxed and enjoyable. Would recommend it.
I like this windshield is because it is not one big piece where else the shape of the windshield still maintain the sporty look of the 9. Doesn't you Ladies and gentlemen thinks so?????

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Can you post some better pics, like in the day light? I'd like to see it better. Thanks

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Can you post some better pics, like in the day light? I'd like to see it better. Thanks
No problem BigB. Tomorrow, as it is 12am here.:p

Hi pynikal, I bought the higher one. And I didn't want the tinted one as I want the head light to be visible. The head light and the tire was the reason I got hooked on the 9.

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
lol , thanks!:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hope these are clearer. Sorry about the one with my son in the picture. He was reading the instructions on the label.Please click on pictures for enlargement.

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Much better thanks. Looks great

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,870 Posts
That's the same one I have, it's actually on in both pictures in my sig. I currently have it modified to use only the upper mounting brackets, which raises the rear of it up another couple inches. I don't use it often, just for longer highway rides. It doesn't look bad on the bike though.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I'm 6'3". Will it throw the wind just over my helmet or into my face with my height? I've read a few other threads mention rider height as an issue. 8)

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm 6'3". Will it throw the wind just over my helmet or into my face with my height? I've read a few other threads mention rider height as an issue. 8)
Too bad, I am only 5'6" and the wind can be felt at the tip of my helmet. Maybe you can try on some one else's bike who have this windshield before committing.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's the same one I have, it's actually on in both pictures in my sig. I currently have it modified to use only the upper mounting brackets, which raises the rear of it up another couple inches. I don't use it often, just for longer highway rides. It doesn't look bad on the bike though.
Can it really hold on only one bracket? Even with the top and bottom brackets now, I am constantly reminded that I am not in the right gear from the vibrations on the windshield.:D It is not as if it is rattling or something, just normal slight vibrations.:p

·
Registered
976 Posts
I'm 5'10" in a good mood and I love mine.

By bujee1 at 2010-07-07

·
Registered
927 Posts
Grab a Rifle shield man...doesnt look as good on the bike as Vstream but Im 6'4 it and works great for me and easy on and off 30 seconds at the most to put it on or take it off. Ive heard some taller guys had a rough time with Vstreams..someone correct me if Im wrong.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Grab a Rifle shield man...doesnt look as good on the bike as Vstream but Im 6'4 it and works great for me and easy on and off 30 seconds at the most to put it on or take it off. Ive heard some taller guys had a rough time with Vstreams..someone correct me if Im wrong.
Any pictures? On and off in 30 seconds sounds great.;)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Are those Clear or the light tinted???? I can't seam to find the clear ones.:redfaced::dontknow:

·
Registered
976 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
I have the v stream touring ,the tall one and if you mount it the thicknees of your fingeror a 1/2 inch above the nacel you won't get the wind comming under the shield in you face or chest as much your're still going to get some but its alot better. I have the dark tinted one on my white 109 the wind hits alittle on the top of my helment and I'm 5-11I think it works great for me and the price is rt.
:bigthumbsup:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts