M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Those do look good :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: I have been waiting for these, how and where did you get them? I can not find them on any web site.
Do you feel the 2" is enough or would the 3" maybe of been a better choice. I am only 5'10" so I was debating between the 2" or 3". :dontknow: :read: :dontknow:

Bob

·
Registered
277 Posts
RLS said:
Do you feel the 2" is enough or would the 3" maybe of been a better choice. I am only 5'10" so I was debating between the 2" or 3". :dontknow: :read: :dontknow:

Bob
RLS, I am 5'10" also and got all the relief I needed just by rotating my bars up a couple of inches. You might try it if you haven't already. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
emvanderpol said:
Took about 30 minutes to install. Fit and finish is a 9.5 out of 10. Cost $99.00. The ride that I now have......PRICELESS.

One of the best mods for people 6' 1" or taller.

Cheers,

The first 4 photos are with the risers.

http://www.frappr.com/?a=viewphoto&id=1502197&pid=2742391
I am 6-2. Why are these beter for us taller guys??? I figure I reach the bars fine... I wear a 27 inch sleeve...

Sledzep

·
Registered
568 Posts
I think you do need to consider your height as the taller you are, the further away you will be from the bars. But also your sleeve length comes into play. I have a sleeve length of 35" and I am just a little bent over to the bars.

prozac123, I appreciate the idea about the handlebars being turned up, I have done that and still need to have them closer.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
RLS said:
I think you do need to consider your height as the taller you are, the further away you will be from the bars. But also your sleeve length comes into play. I have a sleeve length of 35" and I am just a little bent over to the bars.

prozac123, I appreciate the idea about the handlebars being turned up, I have done that and still need to have them closer.
Then mine must be 37. I have long arms, I know the length ends in a 7... I looked at my arm and said no way is it a yard long... I forgot the measurement starts in your back, not your shoulder.
So far I feel good, but I would love to sit behind some bars with the risers.

Sledzep

·
Registered
58 Posts
emvanderpol said:
Took about 30 minutes to install. Fit and finish is a 9.5 out of 10. Cost $99.00. The ride that I now have......PRICELESS.

One of the best mods for people 6' 1" or taller.

Cheers,

The first 4 photos are with the risers.

http://www.frappr.com/?a=viewphoto&id=1502197&pid=2742391
So you didn't need to change out your cables at all....you haven't noticed that they're a little too tight?

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
allenfl said:
So you didn't need to change out your cables at all....you haven't noticed that they're a little too tight?
they would have to be too tight. mine got tighter just by rotating the bars a coupla inches.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
risers nice, yeah yeah. what i really want to know is how did you get that hypercharger on there?!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
allenfl said:
For the 2" risers you have to run the clutch and the throttle cables behind the upper tripple tree. Not that big of a deal. It allows for just enough room on full left/right rotation. The 3" risers require replacement of the cables.

Haven't done the hypercharger yet. I'm holding off to see if Kuryakyn is going to make a "proper" fit unit. It should be pretty easy. But it will look like this:

http://www.frappr.com/?a=viewphoto&id=1502197&pid=2427009

Cheers,

·
Registered
407 Posts
emvanderpol said:
For the 2" risers you have to run the clutch and the throttle cables behind the upper tripple tree. Not that big of a deal. It allows for just enough room on full left/right rotation. The 3" risers require replacement of the cables.

Haven't done the hypercharger yet. I'm holding off to see if Kuryakyn is going to make a "proper" fit unit. It should be pretty easy. But it will look like this:

http://www.frappr.com/?a=viewphoto&id=1502197&pid=2427009

Cheers,
I am all over that hypercharger if it make some decent HP and TQ
PS the riser extenders look good too. Might have to look into some

·
Registered
58 Posts
Just placed an order for the 3" risers and cables to go with it.

Should have it this week sometime. Will post pics and update when installed.

·
Registered
814 Posts
emvanderpol said:
For the 2" risers you have to run the clutch and the throttle cables behind the upper tripple tree. Not that big of a deal.
Can you give some more detail about this? Do the cables have to be disconnected from the levers so they can be run behind the triple tree?

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts