M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was a corrected result.
He ran it in 3rd gear. Maybe that was the reason.

Max Power= 98.7
Max Torque = 88.0

This was done on a dyno at the Suzuki Dealership. They had a demo ride day, hot dogs etc.
He said uncorrected was 101 Max Power.

Does this seem about right, or too low?
:confused:

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would running it in another gear have made a difference?

I also seem to be having more trouble unlocking the rear tire compared to what I've seen and read here. This might explain it.

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Canuk said:
Would running it in another gear have made a difference?

I also seem to be having more trouble unlocking the rear tire compared to what I've seen and read here. This might explain it.
Your run should have been done in forth gear, if it was done in fifth then that would account for the low hp.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Apparently, Suzuki saw fit to retard the timing in first second, and third gear possibly to keep us from killing ourselves. That's why fourth gear is such a blessing. There's a thread on this tech board about putting a 2.7 ohm resistor on pin 23, i believe, of the ECU which reportedly releases the hounds of he!! I'm doing mine Tuesday. According to Maniac, this mod really turns these horses loose. Because you dynoed in third, this may account for the low run.
Jerbear

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll buy that. Or at least I sure want to. I would hate to think my 109 is more retarded than the average retarded 109....
I still think this thing goes like a bat out of hell. I can't wait to make some of the changes you guys have been kind enough to pioneer for us all.

Sounds like lots of different ways to increase power have been discussed. Is there a proven method that the average owner can do now, or is it still in the trial and test stage.
You mentioned putting a resister on a pin in one of the threads. Has this process been perfected to the point where it can go into the "How to Section" yet?
I will look for it in the mean time.
Thanks

·
Registered
849 Posts
Canuk said:
I'll buy that. Or at least I sure want to. I would hate to think my 109 is more retarded than the average retarded 109....
I still think this thing goes like a bat out of hell. I can't wait to make some of the changes you guys have been kind enough to pioneer for us all.

Sounds like lots of different ways to increase power have been discussed. Is there a proven method that the average owner can do now, or is it still in the trial and test stage.
You mentioned putting a resister on a pin in one of the threads. Has this process been perfected to the point where it can go into the "How to Section" yet?
I will look for it in the mean time.
Thanks

Check out this thread

http://www.m109riders.com/forum/index.php?topic=950.0

Jer

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ya that really sucks too, because a bunch of people were standing around, and probably thinking that's a lot of bike for 98HP.
I wish I had known more about Dyno's, would have tore a strip of him.
The most important part is, I now don't think I have a lemon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts