M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While working on the bike, it just occured to me with the air ride versus the stock height I will be lower compared to my wind shield. Is this correct, My orginal plan was I bought a used harley shield that is a 1 inch taller then my stock corbin, (as this will be perfect to keep the wind off my face) I can still see over mine with no problem, so I was going to black out the back and ghost out the front with the yellow and white stripe. Now im not sure If i should proceed or wait till I have the air ride installed.

If you have a taller shield and air ride tell me how it affects you vision over the screen at what would be stock height and what you roll at, Im asuming it would be a couple of inches down?

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,141 Posts
When I had my air ride on I had the Vstream on with it quite a few times and never noticed that it made much difference. It may be because I usually ran mine at about the same height as my bones.

If you think about it, what really changes is what you see on the road if you were eye level looking directly over the shield. Lowering the rear would change your point of view by a little. If you can see as close to the bike as you want now, then lowering it will just block off a little more of that. It's not going to lower you relative to the shield.

You could simulate it pretty easy before putting the air ride on. Run the front wheel up on something that is about 2" thick and see what difference it makes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts