M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, bought my 90 in January and had a GREAT summer riding it and beating the hell out of it, all in all really liked the bike.

I ordered a set of dust seals from suzuki and went to pick them up on Tuesday and noticed on the showroom floor a beauty '10 LE sitting there calling me....

I just could not stop thinking about it all day. Went back on Wednesday morning with my 90 and had a chat with the sales manager about a trade-in.

Well......just rode home this afternoon with my new 9! I just did a quick ride home (about 3K) 'cause I thought the rain was coming, but I can't wait for tomorrow to break her in. Luckily I have the day off, and it should be sunny so it should be a great day.

I don't want to knock the 90, 'cause it is a great bike, and would not have gone to a 9, but there was something about it that I could not resist. If things are trouble-free, I'm sure this is the last bike I'll buy for a while......

·
Registered
16 Posts
I was the same, liked the 90 but love the 9. Just something about them that you only find out when you ride one. :agree:

·
Registered
314 Posts
:congrats: and :welcome: . Ride safe and watch out for the mod bug:D.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys. I had a nice little ride yesterday, much different animal than my 90. First thing I noticed is the torque available. One thing I'm not sure about is that the bike jumps a little when I put it in first. Is that normal? My 90 never did that.

·
Registered
8,311 Posts
Tre, trackday electronics. Wish I'd bought one sooner. :bigthumbsup:
:agree: I have not picked one up yet,but that is on my list for this winter...Have heard nothing but good things about them...Patient with your break-in jester, mine didn't start loosening up till about 12,000 km

·
Registered
226 Posts
Congrats bro!!
Plan up any ride for next week,and we brake her in on a long ride together!!!
On live camera the bike was looking so sweeeeeeeeeeeet!

·
Registered
531 Posts
Congrats Jester......:bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

Make sure you bring that to the next meet.

.:beer2:
Rig

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Thanks guys. So that TRE stops the bike from jumping a little when shifting into first from neutral?

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
The " CLUNCK " when putting it in first gear is normal ,
we all have that , but I find with time , as you are going
to put more thousands of miles on the bike , it softens up
there is also the preload technique some are using , but
you have to get it just right , pull clutch in, put a little
weight on the shifter , slowly let out clutch ,sometimes
it goes in smooth , not always , I've given up on this
and I let it jerk, actually feels like the bike has humongus
power that just cannot be controlled by a clutch .
It's a truck on wheels.
That is a beautiful bike , I see how you could not resist:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hehe, it does feel like a beast that want to let loose when putting in first. My 90 never did that so I wasn't sure if it should be the same. I've read the "pre-load the shifter" techniques when shifting up to second when I got my 90, and using the same for the 9.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts