M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up my new black 109. I have been reading on this site for months about this bike. I also have been reading every article about the bike I could get my hands on. I don't have a lot of money to throw around, the last new bike I bought was in 1973. When kids start comming its hard to spend money on yourself when they need shoes. Well it was worth the wait. I have this stupid grin stuck on my face every time I see my bike or ride it. For those of you who are thinking of getting one, I hope this helps.
I was afraid this bike was a dream I may not be able to have. So I called the bank and went in to talk about a loan. I wanted to get the bike in March or April, if I could get a loan. This was the day before Thanksgiving. The bank ask me to bring in a dealers invoice, so I called around and had the lowest dealer fax me one. He was almost $1000.00 cheaper than his competitor. I got a 2007 for 11,767 out the door. I took it to the bank to see and in 15 min. I was told to come back Friday morning and get the check. I was on the bike by noon Friday. So don't be afraid to ask.
Next, all the articles in those bike magazines especially where they compair the 4 top bikes was crap. When I picked up my bike the rear brake peddle was to far back and made my foot set on the peg at a aquared angle. They adjusted it for my and it works fine. The throttle is touche but in 5 min I felt comfortable with it. The bike has lots of power, like your are setting on Dr. Jeckle and Mr. Hide but you control the throttle, RIGHT!! The next thing was slow speed handling. I took the bike to a state park near by where the posted speed is 10 mph. I put the bike in 1st gear and turned loose of the throttle, the bike idles at 5 mph with out a wobble. It was smooth and I didn't feel uncomfortable or like I had lost control, it didn't sway or Ver off track at all. The bike is big and at 700 lbs I was afraid it would be to big for me. I am 5'11 and weigh 200 lbs. I have been riding a 1996 1100 Honda Shadow, which when I first rode it felt big and aquaward, comming up from a 600 Honda shadow. The 109 felt like what my 1100 should have been but with a whole lot more ump and 3 times the handling. The bike feels light, because of the low center of gravity. It feels awesome. The handling is great, just keep your hands on the grips and twist your shoulders and the bike does the rest. There is no struggling with the bike to make a turn, it is smooth and at no time have I felt like I have lost control like I sometimes do on the Honda. I drove 145 miles, according to the fuel gauge I had a 1/2 a tank left when I gassed up it took 3.4 gal so I still had 2 gal left. The bike is compherbale to ride, we rode 280 miles and the seat is big and comfy.
I don't have anything bad to say about my bike. Yesterday I was ridding with 4 other guys and one was riding a Harley, he wanted to stop at the Harley dealership and buy some parts for his bike. I followed him into the parking lot and before I could get my helmet off the bike had drawn all the people in the parking lot and half in the people in the store around it. When they did ask questions it was about the engine size, most though it was a 1400 but when they learned it was a 1800 they shook their heads and said "Oh Man". One came up to me and said that his bike was way over priced and wished he had gotten one like this one.
So if you want a bike that handles excellent, has great gas milage, looks unlike anything on the road, runs like a scalded ape and is 12 to 13 thousand dollars cheaper than a Harley, this bike is for you. Don't worry about what the magazines have to say that is negative, they don't own one! Now my jaws are hurting and I feel that stupid grin comming back, I must go set on my bike again, see ya.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
congrats man. i know that grin you are talking about.

also...

I got a 2007 for 11,767 out the door
you got a very good price.

·
Registered
131 Posts
There is nothing like the first miles on this bike!
But brace yourself: things will get even better, the more you adapt to it!

But never loose the respect this bike earns. It can get a bitch on rainy streets and everything slippery...

·
Registered
666 Posts
:welcome:  i think we all know the way you feel  :bigthumbsup:

im 5'7" and this bike is the stool :D 5'8" with boots ;)

·
Registered
263 Posts
I know exactly what you mean I'm a father of three and it took alot for me to spend that amount of money on myself, It took me a year with the support of my wife to finally make the decision to buy the M109, six months ago I settled for second best in my eyes and purchased a S83 which to me just wasn't that dream bike (M109), and the whole time I had this bike I knew that it was second best and the price justified the decision and I wouldn't be Satisfied till I had the M109.
All that guilt just flies out the window once you go for your first ride, and hell my 11 year old son has already asked if he can have my bike when I'm too old and cant ride anymore. Intill you are riding the bike that you dream of owning and some times its means going with out a bike for Ten or more years its worth it, and if bikes are in your blood you never feel complete until you do, and all I can say is Enjoy and after your first ride you already know this, you made the right choice!

Cher Bro! :bigthumbsup:

Black Shadow

·
Registered
77 Posts
You definitely got a great price! Nice write up too! Welcome to the brotherhood!! :bigthumbsup: :welcome:

·
Registered
17 Posts
congrats dragon rider!!... I had not owned a licensed bike for 15 years, and after test riding a couple of harleys, I figured I could go without.... but once I saw and sat on a 109, I KNEW... without a test drive, I purchased a silver and am extremely happy.... handling with the low center of gravity is more than I expected.... keep the shiny side up and enjoy... ted

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
BULLYvard said:
You definitely got a great price! Nice write up too! Welcome to the brotherhood!! :bigthumbsup: :welcome:
and the sister hood

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
I've never beenwithout a big bike but after I got my 109 I sold my 02 VTX 1800 to a life time friend who had been without a bike for 18 yrs. All it took was a couple times going riding with me and the 109.One day he says to me man I have no fun release for myself so he bought my X.Now he is happier!!

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Another BLACK 9, ahh, my favorite color for bikes, cars, trucks etc. etc.

These posts are always better with pictures !!!! :welcome:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts