M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody I just got my 109 and Its great. I sold my 2001 Ninja ZX-7RR to get the 109 well worth it.  But My 109 had 153 miles when i bought it , is that too high?

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the new 109 :bigthumbsup:

With 153mi on it , sounds like it was a demo or maybe the dealerships owner just HAD to ride it :p ........... either way it wouldn't bother me ;)

Enjoy your new ride and get ready for a new addiction :evil:

·
Registered
664 Posts
I had 0.6 miles on mine...
As far as extended warranty... i never bother... I do my own work and if something fails i fix it (unless it is something extremely costly, i.e. dead tranny or something..)
The M109R is solid as a rock.. 150 miles shouldn't worry ya...

but if an extended warranty makes ya happy and gives ya the warm fuzzy feeling you need, i say get one :bigthumbsup: :D

·
Registered
256 Posts
congrats...what is the color?
the miles wouldnt bother me too much.....

as far as break in...i break'em in like i'm gonna ride'em.......no different.
i ease around or i gas on it......of course i try to stay out of redline all the time if i can.

tc

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I GUESS THAT I WILL JUST HAVE TO WAIT AND SEE IF THE ENGINE HOLDS. IN TWO DAY I PUT 500 MILES ON IT AND IT RIDERS GREAT AND THE ENGINE SOUND EXCELLENT. I WISHED THAT THE DEALER WOULD HAVE SAID SOMETHING ABOUT THE BIKE BEING A DEMO OR WHY THERE ARE SO MANY MILES ON IT, I THOUGHT 153 MILES WAS NORMAL. THIS IS MY FIRST BRAND NEW BIKE I HAVE ALWAYS BOUGHT USED. I THINK I WILL GIVE THE DEALER A CALL TODAY...

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
THE BIKE IS BLACK. HOW DO I POST A PIC ON THIS SITE?
grats on picking the fastest color!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hello all, I was finally able to register onto the site.Â

I just bought my 109 last week and man is she gorgeous. I have been riding, sort of, an 85 Interceptor 700, but I was spending too much time working on the bike, and not enough time riding it. The wife decided it was time to buy a new one, so two weeks ago she orders it and a week later she tells me about it. The only stipulation she put on it was that she got to pick the color, yep, blurple. But after seeing the bike, and riding her, the bike, for 167 miles, I can't really complain about the color. It's actually a really cool color.

Enjoy and will talk again soon :cop: :D

·
Registered
203 Posts
NYRIDER, where do you ride. I live in Suffolk County on Long Island and I haven't seen another 109 out here. Just trying to find some other riders

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
rammer1 said:
NYRIDER, where do you ride. I live in Suffolk County on Long Island and I haven't seen another 109 out here. Just trying to find some other riders
I LIVE 10 MILES EAST ROCHESTER NY, ANY 109 RIDERS IN THE AREA??

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Dude! If you got it for 11K out the door, you ROBBED them!

As for the fastest color...They're all the same so long as the cop didn't catch a good description!

I didn't even bother haggling with the dealer...mine was a reward to myself for acquiring my new job! The less time spent haggling...the more time on the bike! Actually, with the extras that they threw in...I didn't feel bad paying 13K for mine. 3 miles as well btw...

One piece of advice...never go buy a motorcycle after a long week of approving expense reports for more than you are likely to pay for the bike....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts