M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm upset now cause a yellow cab plowed into the the suburban that I was in while blocking a lane for a bus that broke down. The vehicle I was in has red and yellow led stobes on the roof front and back and this guy saw nothing.There were no skid marks. They tell me that the only thing left of the cab was from the fire wall and back. the engine was crushed into the bottom of car. Now all my plans for riding this spring are shot until my pain and cases are over. Maybe I'll rent my bike out since I cant ride. haha. Just venting :verymad:

·
Registered
423 Posts
Damn. Sorry to hear it. Good thing you were driving a tank. How bad did it mess you up? And hows the cab driver?

·
Registered
643 Posts
well that sucks asp! hope your feeling okay , its amazing what people dont see , i can't tell ya how many close calls i had in my 7foot tall &20 foot long lifted pick-up

if your M needs to stretch its legs and breathe deep I could likely oblige it for a day :dontknow:

I'm upset now cause a yellow cab plowed into the the suburban that I was in while blocking a lane for a bus that broke down. The vehicle I was in has red and yellow led stobes on the roof front and back and this guy saw nothing.There were no skid marks. They tell me that the only thing left of the cab was from the fire wall and back. the engine was crushed into the bottom of car. Now all my plans for riding this spring are shot until my pain and cases are over. Maybe I'll rent my bike out since I cant ride. haha. Just venting :verymad:

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
Well at least you wasn't on your 9!! Hope the bod mends fast Roy.................

·
Registered
791 Posts
man, that sux Roy. Glad you are ok. I hope everything goes smoothly while you heal up quickly ....preferably before the end of April :doorag::D
take care, prayers sent
-chris

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They said that the driver was ok and arguing with the the first superintandant on the seen that the lights were'nt on. CPO also verified the lights were on. I was in the vehicle with my boss. He is in bad shape. Me well my back, neck, and head hurts.If this had been a bike instead, this would have been a easily a fatality. There were plenty of witnesses to verify the lights being on. Any way, this in not the country with no lights for crying out loud. This is manhattan. Plenty of light to play football or baseball on the street with no problem.

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
Shareing your pain

Hope you are doing ok, I am recentl recovered from laying my 9 down, November 14 I was on my way to a toy's for tots ride at 6:30am it was 30 degrees and I went to stop on cold tires and cold street my front tire locked up and the bike dumped. broke 7 ribs. my 9 is currently being brought back to life better and faster. You take care of yourselfe and we hope to see you on on the road soon.:doorag:

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Sorry to hear about this incident. At least your on the mend and it happened while on duty, so that it won't hurt you financially. Hopefully, your injuries aren't as bad as they seem. Heal up soon bro.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
FYI Just found out from an attorney that in NY, especialy with taxi cabs, if you don't die, loose a limb, break a bone, scar to a point where you are disfigured, or fully disabled. I can't collect a dime. Only workers comp. So it was ok for this knucled head to plow into me at about 40 or 50 miles an hour. cause me back pain and neck pain and headaches and get away with it. It's no wonder they drive like animals. Can you believe that.:evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
FYI Just found out from an attorney that in NY, especialy with taxi cabs, if you don't die, loose a limb, break a bone, scar to a point where you are disfigured, or fully disabled. I can't collect a dime. Only workers comp. So it was ok for this knucled head to plow into me at about 40 or 50 miles an hour. cause me back pain and neck pain and headaches and get away with it. It's no wonder they drive like animals. Can you believe that.:evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:
That's F'n unbelievable:evil:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Sorry to hear about your mishap, but at least your still here. Cabbies are A-holes in NY. They think they can drive like Demolision Derby drivers on the street. weaving in & out of traffic all day. Maybethey will pull his license if he has one! At least reall riding season isnt for a few months yet..... Take care..:dontknow::bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
when I think about that first nice day that rolls by and I cant go out for a ride cause I'm still on comp it depresses me. I hope to get back to work quickly. So I dont miss any riding time. :'(

1 - 18 of 18 Posts