M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well our trip was a trip. ::) About 100 miles into it we had a blow out on the trailer and it was in the middle of a major storm. We got lucky and found a guy who a tire in the back of his pickup and we were able to get back on the road in about an hour. Then we drove all night and took a little cat nap and went about 10 miles an blew another tire. This time we were in the home town of OCC and found a tire company that was open at 6:30 in the morning and we bought 4 new tires. When we pulled one of the good tires off we found a long nail had gone through the sidewall of the tire and back out again. :eek: it was just a matter of time before we lost that tire too. :eek:

Oh and one of the bike chocks in the trailer came loose and the front wheel was cocked to one side. ::) That was my bike :eek: the good thing is I had the back of the bike sinched down pretty good so it didn't go anywhere. 8)

I got both of the 9's out and began going over all the bolts and the fender bolts were a little loose so I gave them all a good crank. All was good and Hal took delivery of his bike for the first time and we went for a couple of rides so he could get to know the bike. I think he's still got that stupid grin on his face. :bigthumbsup: Even with the problems we still had a good time. Hope we can meet some of you folks up here. :doorag:

G

·
We, Donna & I, will be there Thursday to say Hi. Glad you guys made it safely, although not without incident evidently. We're looking forward to a good time.

Grant

G

·
Trailers suck. They are a necessary evil though. Glad to see you made it. Tell Hal that stupid grin never goes away.

G

·
Thanks for the post lamont. I hope all of us can learn something good out of your ordeal. Glad your home safe.

oldfart

1 - 8 of 8 Posts