M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yep!, now i just have to try and find a place around here that sells those! :( what i like is the radar detector option :D

·
Registered
179 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have one and I like it. It works well once you get it set up and adjusted on your helmet correctly. The speed is dead on (calculated by tire diameter).

Two caveats:

1. The gear indicator can sometimes be flaky--it works based on a a calculation of RPM and speed, not actual gear position, so it occasionally has problems--and it doesn't indicate neutral.

2. The radar detector feature is just a display thing. You plug in the earplug from your own detector into the sportvue and when it beeps (current flows through the headset plug) the display warns you. But where do you put a detector on a bike? On the bars where it has the best "view", so I'm not thinking that this is really that useful.

But I got it for the speed feature, so I'm happy.

Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure they've been out of business for quite a while. I bought mine about two years ago and even back then it was hard to find because places had sold out their stock of them and no new ones were coming in.

·
Registered
319 Posts
that is really cool but
MC2 is no longer available directly from Motion Research as we are developing exciting new replacement products, due out late in 2007.
:-\

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Don't bother, this unit is not all that its hyped up to be...

And good lucking finding one :-\

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I think I'd look a little silly with a heads-up display mounted on a half helmet.....or bolted to my face when I'm riding sans helmet. :eek: :2cool:

·
Registered
190 Posts
Is that even road legal? In many places you can get pulled over (in your car) for having anything hanging from your rear view mirror. I'd imagine if a cop noticed a device on your helmet that appeared to inhibit your line of sight, he'd pull you over asap.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
wow i love this site!! just saved $400 :D too many bad reviews and i forgot about the radar detector, it's true, i can't hide it in my pockets, it has to be fixed on the bike :-[ !

one thing i could do, when i worked on tow trucks, i had a couple of scanners and that's how i knew were they were hiding! i think i'll buy a portable scanner and put the earphone or small speaker in my helmet.

i remember the uniden bct8 would pick up "k" "ka" bands and apparently laser too if the laser was pointed straight at the device, don't know about the portable ones, i'll have to check, one thing for sure i have to do something, the cops over here have ticket quotas to fill and we are in their crossairs big time!!! :(

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
That thing was at some show in 2006 before it was to be released in 2007.

It looked like crap both from the outside and inside.

If you can find one, do not waste your cash.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That thing was at some show in 2006 before it was to be released in 2007.

It looked like crap both from the outside and inside.

If you can find one, do not waste your cash.
yeah, just reading these replies made me back down, thanks.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts