M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's hard to believe how fast time goes by. This picture must have been in early 1999 right after I got the bike. This is my oldest son Lance who is now in the Marine Corp serving his country. My middle son Nathan has signed up in the delayed entry program and will officially be a Marine next year. All I can tell you is love your kids while their at home because they grow up quick and then their gone.

Lance and I on our first ride.

This was the day of graduation at Paris Island. Lance is on the left. ;)

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Wow,

That kind of chokes you up. From a boy to a man, what a journey. Its hard to take a back seat when you were once his everything,hero.....

Lamont,
I agree, enjoy them while you can, they grow up toooooooooooooo fast!

Chuck

·
Registered
343 Posts
This was the day of graduation at Paris Island. Lance is on the left. ;)

No kidding? :joke:

·
Registered
185 Posts
God bless him and keep him safe . . my boy is considering a ROTC program to get him though college . . time goes much too quickly . . :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
71 Posts
You should be very proud Lamonster. I have a 3 year old boy and he is the greatest treasure I have in my life along w/ my 8 year old daughter.

Your son is a brave man to be a Marine. I am glad he is out there protecting our freedom.

panther06

G

·
Did I recognize Parris Island? You have to be proud. All my kids have been raised on motorcycles, from our first a V65 Magna, to Gold Wings, a Virago, now Harley and a Ninja - wife drives a Road King too. Then one day - they are grown. My son is in his second year in the Marines, leaving in about 2 weeks for his first tour in Iraq. I have a soft spot in my heart for these young men and women who choose this path in life. I will keep your son in my thoughts.

·
Registered
207 Posts
What a proud papa you must be! My two sons are grown and are also my best friends.My house is plastered with their pictures at every stage and now they are family men with their own childern.Time not only flies it races ....

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
J R said:
Boy thats really kinda a tear jerker there. Your little boy is about the same age and size as my little guy and then ya slide the curser down and he is a man. Its good to know he turned into somthing you and all the rest of us can be very proud of.But it still gets to me seeing the little boy turn into a man so quickly on my screen.But I got to thinkin the other night about my boy and how little it seemed he was just a little while ago but then I realised that was 12 years ago.In another 12 years my best little buddy will be out on his own Maybe even havin his own little buddy.Time flys it really really does.Your Son Lamont is a sharp Young man and after seeing this post you bet ill be thinking more and more about every single moment I can spend with my son.It Just dont last long enough.
Soon as I found this picture I thought about you and the love you show for your son. It's going to be hard when the day comes that he becomes a man and dad is not first place in his life anymore. I never thought it would happen but it has and I still love him with all my heart. I know someday he'll remember the good times we had together. That's why I'm saying now to love your kids when you have them at home because there will come a day when they will have their own life and you won't be as big of a part of it as you are now. Take this from a friend that knows. :doorag: It's the cycle of life.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts