1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
What's a "HID setup"?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Holy Crap that bright! Looks like you can get a tan with that light. What was involved in setting that up. Good job.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The ballast are mounted inside the headlight housing, they fit very well. This is a simple procedure, I sell auto parts on ebay and I run across a lot of OEM HID Headlights with minor damage, so I just used the Setup from a light with a broken lens.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
very nice mod, thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
844 Posts
DaltonH said:
HID is High Intensity Discharge.. its a different way of producing light from more traditional filament style bulbs.Â

Take a look here for a functional description of the differences. >>Â http://www.halcyon.net/lights/hid-faq.shtml
That's some pretty cool technical information for anybody (like me) who didn't understand HID. I appreciate it. Always get great info off of this Board.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
tomph1 said:
That's some pretty cool technical information for anybody (like me) who didn't understand HID. I appreciate it. Always get great info off of this Board.
I just happened to remember that site from a couple weeks ago when I was trying to help one of my co-workers look up info for a really good diving light. He and his oldest son are taking classes together to learn how to film under water and he wanted something really, REALLY freakin' bright. This was one of the 3 sites that I found for HID dive light info and I just happened to have it bookmarked on my laptop still..

Very glad it helped, cause up until I looked it up I was only about 50% sure I knew how they worked 8)

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have a question. Can I use any hid light and ballast? Do I just cut the factory one off and wire up the new one to the wires that were just cut. I'm pretty sure that should work but i didn't want to waste my money buying the wrong light and ballast... thanks

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hi Black 109,
If you will, put me on your list of the needy. I won't ride my bike at night because I don't think the lighting is bright enough and I'm always feeling that I'm out-driving my beam.
This looks like the answer to my prayers.
Thanks,jt :bigthumbsup:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts