M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my new 109 and drove home from Dayton this morning. I bought an M50 a few months ago as my first bike. After a couple of thousand miles I realized I needed more power. Sold the M50 to my brother.

The difference is incredible!!! It is hard to keep this beast tame. The torque is amazing even in 5th gear. I begs to be driven fast!! The exhaust sounds great for stock and that wide tire is amazing looking. Handles great. I can't say enough about my first ride.

I hate to even bring this up, but the only thing I wish was different is the tension on the clutch. I have smaller hands and the reach to the clutch lever is a stretch for me and the tension is a little tighter than I am used to. It is either come up w/ some mod to make it easier, or strengthen my grip.

I will post pictures asap.

Any suggestions on the clutch?

Matt

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
congrats and yeah....strengthen your grip. :bigthumbsup: :super: :doorag:

·
Registered
343 Posts
Congrats, still waiting for mine! :(

·
Registered
27 Posts
Congrats!!! Just got some pipes and stuff put on mine with pipes. There's been a lot of posts on the clutch and I wouldn't worry. I had a 'busa and suzuki knows how to make a clutch that can take a beating. I think the posts on here are related to abuse or manufacturing defect. If the latter, then suzuki picks up the bill. Good luck and happy ridding!!!
Oh, and if you figure out how to post pics, let me know. i've been asking and everyone has pics on their profile and no one will tell me. I hit the pic icon and only get words in my text.
- you see

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
No_Limit_109R said:
Oh, and if you figure out how to post pics, let me know. i've been asking and everyone has pics on their profile and no one will tell me. I hit the pic icon and only get words in my text.
- you see
That doesn't insert an image into your profile, but in the middle of a message. Just insert a URL in between those tags (http://www.whatever) and the image will appear. Also, did you click on "Help" at the top of this page? It probably explains it there as well. :doorag:

Panther, welcome and congrats! Just work on the wrist muscles. I don't think there's an after market accessory to bring the lever closer.

·
Registered
629 Posts
:bigthumbsup: Congrates. I to am still only a wanter, uh make that a needer. ::) cause i need this bike real bad. :bow: man infactuation is pain when it can't be fullfilled. ::)

·
Registered
256 Posts
congrats on ur new ride   :bigthumbsup:

now all ya need to do now, is stay to the right when any black 109's are in the area,
cause they will pass ya   :D

:joke:

tc

·
Registered
26 Posts
Welcome, I think there is a position adjuster dial on the clutch lever to let you choose from 5 positions just like the front brake or am I wrong??

·
Registered
211 Posts
Congrats Bro. The clutch issue is a easy one.... put 600 miles on the bike and problem resolved. :bigthumbsup:

G

·
Be safe and enjoy your new ride. The more you ride your 109, the more you will fall in love with it. Welcome to the best 109 site on the net.

Reed

·
Registered
686 Posts
Panther06 said:
I hate to even bring this up, but the only thing I wish was different is the tension on the clutch. I have smaller hands and the reach to the clutch lever is a stretch for me and the tension is a little tighter than I am used to. It is either come up w/ some mod to make it easier, or strengthen my grip.
They really do need a hydraulic clutch for something this big, but I think that is one thing they did to keep cost down and undercut the VTX price......something they really needed to do to attract a broader group of riders and establish a foothold.

As for suggestions....do you remember those hand spring things weight lifters carried around in the 80's to strengthen their grips (or just show off their forearm muscles)........................

http://cgi.ebay.com/QUALITY-HAND-GR...1QQihZ001QQcategoryZ97046QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

:D :D :D :D :D :a18: :D :D :D :D :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts