M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All-

Could not believe it. I read the posts and decided what the hell. I made myself a pattern, and drilled the end cap of my new (stock) M90. I only went up to 3/8" with 8 holes in each pipe. It was an incredible difference in tone. I had my son listen to it stock, and we kept firing the bike up as we progressed through the number of openings and the size. It is crazy to realize how good the stock pipes can sound with just a bit of modification. I will of course eventually get the power commander and a full set of exhausts, but this will more than satisfy me in the mean time. Thanks a ton for the folks that did it and posted about their satisfaction. I have never modified a stock exhaust before. A+

Red

·
Registered
72 Posts
Send a 7/8 hole saw down the pipe through the inner baffle walls for an even better sound.

·
Registered
684 Posts
It's amazing how the sound changes! However, I recently bought some Cobra Slashdowns, and I am so happy with them. I even put the quiet core baffles in them, and they are louder and better sounding than the drilled stock exhaust.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts