M109 Rider Forums banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,206 Posts
I run about 40 psi in my rear, and around 42 psi in the front. Usually I get around 5000 to 6000 out of the rear, and around 10,000 out of the front. That's on replacement tires, which run quite a bit further than the stock tires did. If yours were the stock tires they are almost 5 years old already, so it could be the rubber had just gotten hard and wore faster. It's almost a guarantee you will get better mileage out of any good quality replacement tire.

·
Registered
2017 M109R B.O.S.S.
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I said I was going to take the bike down for sidecar fitment when I wore out the first tire but damn! I’m still having fun with it as a 2 wheeler and the sidecar shop isn’t ready to start on it so my only option is to get a new tire.

·
Registered
2017 M109R B.O.S.S.
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
Had to get my mind of some things tonight so I’ve pulled the front forks, installed Flatz up front, debeavered, de-tre’d, installed smoked tail light, installed Pazoma led strip, installed plate bracket with light, and installed a USB charger on the front of the dash.

I did drain my front brakes to put on my Spiegler lines however my lines did not come with a replacement manifold so Spiegler is supposed to be mailing me a new manifold. I’m wondering if the rear brake line is going to give me issues. Are there any differences whatsoever on the brake lines of 2006-2012 and 2014+? I’m only basing those years off of the 2 part numbers they have. And also any advice on changing that rear brake line? It looks like a PITA!

I’ve got to wait for my buddy to be available so we can rebuild the forks because he has all the tools I need including the extra hands lol. Have a new Avon Cobra Chrome 260 on the way as well. Phew, I think that was all. So I guess I have an X-tre for sale. Slightly used lol. I’ll post it in for sale section.

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Only difference in the two brake lines should be the color of the line.
2014 was the first year the BOSS model was produced so the brake lines are black instead of stainless in color.

BCS
LGB/FJB

·
Registered
2017 M109R B.O.S.S.
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 · (Edited)
Only difference in the two brake lines should be the color of the line.
2014 was the first year the BOSS model was produced so the brake lines are black instead of stainless in color.

BCS
LGB/FJB
Being that Spiegler lines are plain or custom I would think this would make no difference in lines to offer 2 part numbers for different years. I’ll try to ask the rep I talked to when he emails me tomorrow.

Edit: I also forgot to mention it’s odd they offer a rear brake line for 06-12 but do not offer them be for 14+. Things that make you go hmmm 🤔

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Being that Spiegler lines are plain or custom I would think this would make no difference in lines to offer 2 part numbers for different years. I’ll try to ask the rep I talked to when he emails me tomorrow.

Edit: I also forgot to mention it’s odd they offer a rear brake line for 06-12 but do not offer them be for 14+. Things that make you go hmmm 🤔
Only difference in the actual brake & brake line is the color from Suzuki.
What your aftermarket part suppliers internal part numbers represent is anyone's guess.

BCS
LGB/FJB

·
Registered
2017 M109R B.O.S.S.
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Only difference in the actual brake & brake line is the color from Suzuki.
What your aftermarket part suppliers internal part numbers represent is anyone's guess.

BCS
LGB/FJB
Talked to them this morning and got no definitive answer. We talked about what you have suggested and he couldn’t give me an answer. Regardless the manifold is being sent today and once I get the front end back together I’ll jack up the caboose and change the rear tire and remove the exhaust to change the brake line. This time I’ll wait to drain the rear brakes until I’m sure the line will work lol

·
Registered
2017 M109R B.O.S.S.
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 · (Edited)
Alright. It’s been a busy couple of weeks but I’ve got the bike back together and I’m pretty sure most of the bolts are tight. What I’ve managed to accomplish:

Flatz front turn signals
Racetech .95 springs with 5W oil
Front Spiegler blue steel braided brake lines
4 Speed bleeders
Trackside USB charger
Tapeworks blue rim tape
Techspec knee pads and tank pad
Ultimate seat
Smoked tail light
Pazoma LED undertail turn signals/running
Debeavered
eBay license plate bracket (rear mount)
Techmount handlebar mount with 17 mm ball
Slipgrip phone holder
Avon Cobra Chrome 260 with balancing beads

I think that’s it. I used the OEM connectors for all my wiring so everything can unplug easily if needed. I’m going to hold off on my rear steel braided line until I need to take the exhaust off. Now it just needs a wash and a “shake down” ride. Luckily we should have a break from the cold for a couple days and should have some decent riding weather. May even have to leave work early 😎

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,206 Posts
That's an awesome list, Sidecar. I kind of miss the days when I had a list like that of stuff to do on mine. I used to put projects together that involved removing the same parts so I didn't have to keep putting things back on and removing them again. Now all I do to it is clean it and do maintenance.

·
Registered
2017 M109R B.O.S.S.
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
That's an awesome list, Sidecar. I kind of miss the days when I had a list like that of stuff to do on mine. I used to put projects together that involved removing the same parts so I didn't have to keep putting things back on and removing them again. Now all I do to it is clean it and do maintenance.
Yeah it’s been a while for me since I could build something like I wanted so I wanted to make this bike special. I haven’t had a “nice” vehicle in a while lol. Just like you said I didn’t want to take things on and off over and over so I decided to knock out a bulk of it in one shot. When it goes down for sidecar fitment I will do other things due to having to remove the front panels so front motor mounts from billydump will go in and since things will be apart I will take off my exhaust and install the rear steel braided line. I will also remove the rear brake pedal, trim the toe peg down about 3/4 of an inch and powder coat it and the shifter lever black. I will be getting a derby cover at some point too. I just can’t decide between the submarine veteran one or getting one custom made with my company logo.

·
Registered
2009 / VZR1800
3,800 Posts
Alright. It’s been a busy couple of weeks but I’ve got the bike back together and I’m pretty sure most of the bolts are tight. What I’ve managed to accomplish:

Flatz front turn signals
Racetech .95 springs with 5W oil

Awesome,
will we see a few pics. eventually?
Cheers! 🍻

·
Registered
2017 M109R B.O.S.S.
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Already time for a new front tire. I’ve never gone through a front tire so fast! New Avon Cobra Chrome 130 front on the way!

…And some new mirrors since I was ordering stuff 😂

·
Registered
2009 / VZR1800
3,800 Posts
Already time for a new front tire. I’ve never gone through a front tire so fast! New Avon Cobra Chrome 130 front on the way!

…And some new mirrors since I was ordering stuff 😂
:unsure:
I guess you like skinny tires on the front, as you probably
have read, many of us chose 160/60, I personally love it
especially because of bad roads where I live...:mad:

·
Registered
2017 M109R B.O.S.S.
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
:unsure:
I guess you like skinny tires on the front, as you probably
have read, many of us chose 160/60, I personally love it
especially because of bad roads where I live...:mad:
I did read into it but I didn’t see any real clear advantages to running the 160. I do frequent gravel roads as well and I dont want to worry about clearance issues. I have no problems with the 130 other than the junk tire that comes stock. Maybe after trying the 130 Avon I can make a better decision on options later

21 - 40 of 45 Posts