M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
That is beautiful. Reminds me of a vacation in Colorado and Wyoming. Good pic! Is your wife the photographer (Darla Presnell)?

·
Registered
6,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes she is

Is your wife the photographer (Darla Presnell)?
Yes. Years ago (back when there wasn't even a hint of digital) I was the one taking all the pictures. But, over the past few years she's gotten quite good. We've bought her some pretty decent camera equipment and lenses and she's doing well with it.:bow:

Tracy

·
Registered
6,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A 109 in front of it would have made that a "poster shot" :hot:.
In response to that she said that it would have taken me too long to "primp it up" for the shot. By the time I got done the shot would have been long gone.

Trouble is, she's probably right.

Tracy

·
Registered
16,260 Posts
That picture is amazing!!!

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
A very beautiful panaramic shot! Love it!

·
Registered
3,120 Posts

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
Gorgeous,,,,,,,,,,,Get to forget about things just for a minute looking at that.......

·
Registered
6,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
:agree: What camera did she use for that shot and was it edited to make the colors "pop" more?
She used a Pentax istDS for this one (her "little" camera). There was no color editing whatsoever. All she did was lighten it slightly.

It's actually 5 photos that have been stitched together. It would be hard to get such a panoramic shot otherwise (at least without some very special equipment).

She also has a Pentax K10D (the "big" camera). Her pride and joy lens is a Sigma 50-500 zoom that is a pretty amazing (and heavy) piece of glass. She is quite into nature photography and has taken some very good photos. She also works as a lighting assistant for her sister who is a portrait/wedding photographer.

Tracy

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
man i need to move out of the city......

very nice man. i shoot with a D60 and a power shot SX210 IS. still kind fiuring it out. the GF knows more than i do.???:dontknow:

·
Registered
709 Posts

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
We can share our home made wall papers from this forum!
That one will be on my desk top when I get home:bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,860 Posts
Looking at that kind of makes you feel insignificant. It's an awesome picture.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts