M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just because you can afford a bike, DOES NOT MEAN YOU KNOW HOW TO RIDE A BIKE! Just returned from Thunder Beach Rally in Panama City Beach FL, it amazes me how many morons there are on motorcycles, I realize cagers get a bad rap for most car verses motorcycle accidents but I now realize that the biker is at fault in most of these encounters, I think I will avoid these malays in the future.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Due tell :dontknow:.......???

I will say for myself the big biker rallies due nothing for me. When I ride I'm ususally trying to get away from people instead of going where everyone else is. I know a good sized group from my ride club went down there and probably had a good time hanging out together.

I prefer to ride with a handful of people/riders that I know & trust.

·
Registered
249 Posts
whether you're a newbe or a seasoned rider,we all start from the beginning..so to say morons is just not right ,inexperienced would have sound much better....

·
Banned
1,218 Posts

I will say for myself the big biker rallies due nothing for me. When I ride I'm ususally trying to get away from people instead of going where everyone else is. I know a good sized group from my ride club went down there and probably had a good time hanging out together.

:agree:

·
Registered
198 Posts

:agree::agree:

Although I will say since I've taken a new job, I've ridden once since August :eek: sucks big time! So I'll probably be a moron once I get back on the road since I feel like I've forgotten how to ride now :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,367 Posts

:agree: There are certain types of riders I won't ride with. Guys who take chances, total nerve wracking newbies and guys who just shouldn't ride to begin with. And this goes for bicycling in groups too.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I have zippy desire to ride with a large group of motorcyclists.

·
Registered
319 Posts

:werd:

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
:agree: There are certain types of riders I won't ride with. Guys who take chances, total nerve wracking newbies and guys who just shouldn't ride to begin with. And this goes for bicycling in groups too.
:agree: GR also brings up some very good points too. i tend to avoid those big bike rides. inexperienced riders and a large group of bikes don't usually make a good mix.

·
Radio Active Member
27,666 Posts
:agree: GR also brings up some very good points too. i tend to avoid those big bike rides. inexperienced riders and a large group of bikes don't usually make a good mix.
:agree: That is why I have spent a TON of time trying to figure out how to break people up into smaller packs at the meet. If people who come do as I have planned it will work out great. We had packs of 40 plus going through the twisties last year. Not a good thing in my book.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
:agree: That is why I have spent a TON of time trying to figure out how to break people up into smaller packs at the meet. If people who come do as I have planned it will work out great. We had packs of 40 plus going through the twisties last year. Not a good thing in my book.
I must agree also, one biggest fears is riding with inexperienced riders in any size group:-[

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
I will ride in groups that I know and when in large so called organized rides I will either be in the lead or I will play the sweeper as I won't be in the middle of a cluster*(*&$

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
:joke::joke: what does that mean you dont want to ride with me :a20:
Present company excluded! You don't fit into any of my negatory criteria Russ :bigthumbsup:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,855 Posts
And that's why the wife and I rode most of the meet on our own after that. Those big packs scare me. Groups of 8-10 are good, bigger than that and it starts getting dicey.

·
Radio Active Member
27,666 Posts
And that's why the wife and I rode most of the meet on our own after that. Those big packs scare me. Groups of 8-10 are good, bigger than that and it starts getting dicey.
The sign up sheets max out at 10 slots.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
I hope you guys have an awesome, fun & safe Mid-Atlantic meet. It would be cool to see so many M109 enthusiast in one spot however.

That's a good idea with the 10 riders to a group setup. Very wise. You don't need 75 bikes trying to run redlights so that they all stay together as a group. Hopefully you guys can have a giant group pre-ride talk about safety, riding spacing and just have a fun relaxed ride. Not all riders are used to riding in large groups. It's a completely different animal than just out on cruise by yourself. Just a few understood and enforced hand signals and proper spacing and everyone should be fine.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
I hope you guys have an awesome, fun & safe Mid-Atlantic meet. It would be cool to see so many M109 enthusiast in one spot however.

That's a good idea with the 10 riders to a group setup. Very wise. You don't need 75 bikes trying to run redlights so that they all stay together as a group. Hopefully you guys can have a giant group pre-ride talk about safety, riding spacing and just have a fun relaxed ride. Not all riders are used to riding in large groups. It's a completely different animal than just out on cruise by yourself. Just a few understood and enforced hand signals and proper spacing and everyone should be fine.
The group goes to dinner all together for the most part. It's not a long ride, but fun to see that many 9's and other bikes all at once. It can get a little dicey but the blockers are good and the town has cooperated very nicely. For the most part, no one made gigantic a$$es of themselves on the roads so we haven't encountered too much flack. Even the hotel last year was really happy with our group.:bigthumbsup:
The town-folks of Staunton have been very receptive to our group. I have been using them as an example for increasing our local Motorcycle tourism.

The break out groups and the option to do as you please makes it great for doing some "extra" rides.:D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts