M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wow, all i can say about this bike. i knew it was pretty comfortable for riding an hour or so, but i was nervous about taking a long haul. 31/2 hours to pcb from home, loved every minute of it (except for the hour or so of 60mph wind, hail, and rain). i rode with my dad, stepmom, sister and brother-in-law, all have h.d's, and about 15 other bikes with their group. when we gathered friday morning, we were 20 mins late leaving because they were all asking about the 109. i love h.d's but when you get to a rally like that, they are all the same. the bikes that stand out to me are the titans, bigdogs, etc. wouldn't spend my money on them though. anyway what amazed me was those guys where really looking also, think they were mad somebody else got a big fat tire and didn't spend 30k. got to get some pipes though, i want ground pounders. this bike sounds awesome when you get down on it , but they're isn't much room at the beach to do that. the only thing i've got to get used to is the rpm's, i'd rode cbr's a long time ago and you can feel the redline. i got into the rev limiter 2 or 3 different times on the way home.
only seen 3 other 109's there. by the way for you guys looking, the zuki dealer in panama city beach has one of each color on the showroom.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yeah Thunder Beach was cool. I live here in Panama City Beach. I bought my 109 from the dealer here in town. As of last week "Steve" still had three at his dealership.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
supra6909 said:
wow, all i can say about this bike. i knew it was pretty comfortable for riding an hour or so, but i was nervous about taking a long haul. 31/2 hours to pcb from home, loved every minute of it (except for the hour or so of 60mph wind, hail, and rain). i rode with my dad, stepmom, sister and brother-in-law, all have h.d's, and about 15 other bikes with their group. when we gathered friday morning, we were 20 mins late leaving because they were all asking about the 109. i love h.d's but when you get to a rally like that, they are all the same. the bikes that stand out to me are the titans, bigdogs, etc. wouldn't spend my money on them though. anyway what amazed me was those guys where really looking also, think they were mad somebody else got a big fat tire and didn't spend 30k. got to get some pipes though, i want ground pounders. this bike sounds awesome when you get down on it , but they're isn't much room at the beach to do that. the only thing i've got to get used to is the rpm's, i'd rode cbr's a long time ago and you can feel the redline. i got into the rev limiter 2 or 3 different times on the way home.
only seen 3 other 109's there. by the way for you guys looking, the zuki dealer in panama city beach has one of each color on the showroom.
I hear you! I sold an ironhorse rigid with 280 rear end this spring. While I was at the Tampa show this weekend I ended up next to a bigdog with a 240 and thought the same thing you did. Man am I glad I sold the ironhorse and can afford 2 of these for the price of one of them and it handles way better. The choppers are great to ride and I do miss it at times but it doesn't take long after getting on this bike to forget all about it.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
toneout said:
You are right but there is something bad ass about riding a big motor rigid. There is nothing like it.
Yep the low end torque is awesome. I blew away just about everyone until we hit 80-90 then I had to give up. The looks and attention it draws is also great. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
25 Posts
I was there also. Saw one black and one silver other than mine. I parked in a long line of black Harleys and they could not keep there eyes off my bike. This bike speaks outloud even when it is not running! Good time in Panama City. was yours the silver or the black one? I mean I looked hard for 109s.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mine is silver, no emblems. i spoke to a guy on another silver one at a gas station. also seen a black one at the vendor on the west side of pcb.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts