M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
I would hesitate to do that on my M for two reasons... first, the clearcoat on the tank would be scratched to hell and secondly, I would have quite the brown stain to clean off the tank when I finally came back to my senses :joke: Very cool picture :doorag:

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
I remember that guy DCizzle or something like that had a clear tail light... and he had a video of himself doing that in a wheelie. Is this the same guy? Props to ya either way. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
I gotta say, I think it's pretty cool.  The pic is nice, but it's photoshopped.  I'm not saying he wasn't riding like that, but the blur is all photoshop.  If the blur was real, the wheels would be blurry also, and since rotational blur is more difficult to pull off in photoshop, it usually gets overlooked.  Again, let me stress... I AM NOT SAYING he is not actually riding the bike like that.... I'm just saying the motion blur is photoshopped.  Most likely the camera's shutter speed was too fast to show blur in the background and it was added later to give the sense of motion to the pic.  That being said, the fact that the little piece of thread at the bottom of his pant leg is not being blown by the wind suggests that he is not going nearly as fast as the blur would lead you to believe...  It's the little details that can make or break a photo....

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
L-Train said:
I want to know about that taillight wizard.
I'm still not sure this isn't that DCizzle guy... Remember, he had a silver 109 with a clear lens cover and said that his shop was making small numbers of them.... Could make them in other colors too, like smoke. The only reason I associate him with DCizzle is because that guy was also a stunt rider.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Medic1210 said:
I gotta say, I think it's pretty cool. The pic is nice, but it's photoshopped. I'm not saying he wasn't riding like that, but the blur is all photoshop. If the blur was real, the wheels would be blurry also, and since rotational blur is more difficult to pull off in photoshop, it usually gets overlooked. Again, let me stress... I AM NOT SAYING he is not actually riding the bike like that.... I'm just saying the motion blur is photoshopped. Most likely the camera's shutter speed was too fast to show blur in the background and it was added later to give the sense of motion to the pic.Â
You got me to looking Medic and you are correct. Also the reflection in the chrome is a dead give-away.
I bet we see some un-altered stunt pics soon enough though. :doorag:

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Scrogg said:
You got me to looking Medic and you are correct. Also the reflection in the chrome is a dead give-away.
I bet we see some un-altered stunt pics soon enough though. :doorag:
Well, the chrome reflection isn't necessarily wrong.. You see, he most likely had someone riding beside him in a car travelling at the same speed. This would render the reflections in the chrome much less blurred from motion.. I'm pretty sure you can see the shadow of the vehicle in the rear half of the crank/primary. Can't actualy make out a vehicle, but you can see a darkening in the road reflection which would probably match the photo vehicle. Still, I'm pretty sure he isn't riding very fast anyway just based on fact that the denim string at the bottom of his pant leg is not being blown back by the wind.

Again, I'm not at all saying he is not actually riding like that. The kickstand is obviously in the upright position with a matching reflection that would be very very difficult to photoshop believably. I just don't think he's going as fast as it looks.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
it is dcizzle, because he had a silver bike with the same brakelight. he also photoshopped his other photo in his last signature, because he also had motion in the background with no wheel blur. cut it out federline and tell us how to get that cool lens. anyways, custom dynamics is now selling them for the 109. i seen em somewhere on the web but can't remember where.

http://www.bikepics.com/pictures/231391/

·
Registered
752 Posts
Medic1210 said:
I'm still not sure this isn't that DCizzle guy... Remember, he had a silver 109 with a clear lens cover and said that his shop was making small numbers of them.... Could make them in other colors too, like smoke. The only reason I associate him with DCizzle is because that guy was also a stunt rider.
I know that Wizard is a Utah member that lives in the Ogden area. He is a former sportbike guy and stunter and the handlebar thing isn't that hard.

I wish he hadn't photoshopped it though. Hopefully he will post a non photoshopped pic.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
L-Train said:
So we have 2 requests, the taillight info and an unphotoshopped pic.
Remember, he was asked about the cover in one of his first posts on this site and said that his shop was making them, but it was a very small operation so qtys were very limited. He also mentioned that Custom Dynamics would probably be a better source since they could make more of them... I sure would like a smoke one for my Black one.

Edited to add: On a different note.. I'm really not sure why he left and deleted his original account here. I think he would fit in pretty well... I know a few people couldn't see the humor in his K. Fed post, but that was just a response to someone saying he dressed like K. Fed. Anyway, I hope you stick around longer this time Wizard/DCizzle. You should put back up your sig pic. It was pretty tight. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
yeah, why would they make lenses and not sell em' here. i would think this would be a great source of business. i agree all k-fed jokes aside, you would fit in great. wait a minute, hes already got 82 posts. still no lenses. his is also prolly custom dynamics. he sure doesn't like to communicte in the pic. forum. one post and gone. you shold change your name from wizard to comilian next time. :joke: :bigthumbsup: :super: :doorag:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
LoL... wheel blur=fake  ::) We can adjust anything on the Canon XL2, (sT Variable frame rates = quick frame holds details of bike, rider, engine, airplaines,  our wakeboarding, snowboarding... We can make the water or snow look as if it is spraying, or simply frozen drops/snow in mid air... Good example is with a water fountain or ceiling fan,etc lol). In other words, editing can be done right on the cam!! And the chrome/reflection comment.. holy sh!t.. Stick to your day job lol. We should add, the video was taken up the road where everyone was parked by amsusrs stop, that's a good 70yrd tackle with the OSG setup lens!!! Question: So if the propellers on the plane aren't moving, does that mean the plane is really not in the air??? Anyone else on this board with a XL2?? They're amazing... Just ask around! We've delivered outstanding footage and editin' of that bad boy. P to the S>>>> I have an extra 'body only' XL for sale! ((NO LENSE INCLUDED, but will sell one)).

Fenderline?? What's that mean...  8)

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
if thats the case...great photo!  :bigthumbsup: glad to have ya aboard and actually rap with ya. i hope you can bring an exciting new dimension the the board.

what do you have an xl body of? i'd really like a clear lense? any info?

:bigthumbsup: :super: :doorag:

ps-that pic makes a nice sig.

·
Registered
119 Posts
WIZARD said:
LoL... wheel blur=fake ::) We can adjust anything on the Canon XL2, (sT Variable frame rates = quick frame holds details of bike, rider, engine, airplaines, our wakeboarding, snowboarding... We can make the water or snow look as if it is spraying, or simply frozen drops/snow in mid air... Good example is with a water fountain or ceiling fan,etc lol). In other words, editing can be done right on the cam!!
So you are saying the pic is a fake, or at least heavily altered in camera ::)

And the chrome/reflection comment.. holy sh!t.. Stick to your day job lol. We should add, the video was taken up the road where everyone was parked by amsusrs stop, that's a good 70yrd tackle with the OSG setup lens!!! Question: So if the propellers on the plane aren't moving, does that mean the plane is really not in the air???
So why not educate me instead of insult me? I fully understand about shutter speeds, and apertures. I do quite a bit of still photography but have never done any work behind a video camera. In a still camera with the right equipement, I can make a bullet freeze, much easier a plane prop. But if I am panning a moving object to give it a feeling of motion, even though I am keeping pace with the subject, the reflections in it are moving at the same rate as the background and will also be blurred.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts